Saturday, May 19, 2012

Quote of the Day - Allen West

Comment Up
"The message you are sending to our troops is that you are abandoning them. The message that you send to the Taliban, al-Qaida. . . to every single Islamic radical group is that we have turned our backs on our military, and you can continue to kill them. I will not turn my back on those men and women, who are still my friends, some of them even my relatives."

~Allen West

Yesterday, the U.S. House passed a $642 billion defense bill that limits President Barack Obama's plans to reduce the number of American troops and wind down the war in Afghanistan to no more than 15,000 a year and Marine Corps reductions to no more than 5,000 a year during fiscal 2014 through 2017. The Pentagon proposes to reduce the Army by 72,000 and the Marines by 20,000.

Basically, I am against war unless it is defending our country on our soil. But there are times when we must invade a foreign country, invited or not. Afghanistan has been a particular problem as we don't always know who the "friendlies" are. I would like to see all of our troops home. We went after bin Laden and we got him. It took ten long years and billions of dollars. He was behind 9-11. The Taliban persists with the main goal of attacking our country. Until we get rid of this insidious enemy, I will leave it up to the military experts to do the right thing. I wish that we would go into a war to win and not have politics dictating the right course of action.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are a number of Lake Worth blogs and I look at your blog on occasion. Your information about Lake Worth and environs is quite informative. The problem, as I see it, is you need to decide what you are. Are you a local blogger, blogging about local issues or are you another cut and paste blogger, putting information up there reinforcing your own political bias? Don't get me wrong, I am a conservative and a Romney supporter, but why would I go to your blog to get national news? I would suggest you be a local blog and blog about local stuff. You have a lot of good stuff to blog about, but it gets lost in all the clutter. Why on earth would I care what you think of the current President? And you really like Allen West...everyone gets the idea by now; trust me. Isn't there enough right here in town to keep you busy?

Lynn Anderson said...

PS-
The last I checked, we had national elections in Lake Worth. Everyone is entitled to support their candidate and their issues. I'm not surprised that being a Republican that you are far more informed than the average bear. To say I cut and paste is entirely not the case of the matter.

My blog is my design and my style. I don't look at it as "clutter." I personally don't care that you don't think I have anything relevant to say about much. Allen West appreciates my effort and I am sure that the closer the election, those candidates that I do support will care as well.

Thanks for your unsolicited opinion.

My interests go way beyond one city where I reside.

Actually, I am glad that you are so informed that you don't need any reminder.

Anonymous said...

Wow, friendly soul above. Sounds a bit full of himself. Probably doesn't even live in Lake Worth. I've seen the type.

Jack in the Box said...

Because someone lives in a town they should only write about things in that particular town? Are you completely nuts?

Anonymous said...

Love the race card on the side of your BLOG I am sure West would to . It shows everybody what a bigot, and hateful person you are.

Lynn Anderson said...

Anonymous above, do you really like to appear as a TOTAL MORON here? Get over your obsession...move on.