Saturday, May 27, 2017

Sunset 5-27-17

First Lady at NATO

Later at the Royal Palace near Belgium

My Luncheon Companions

Yesterday at John G's

These were the most loving and well behaved dogs I have ever seen. The owner would tell them to sit; they would sit. Lay down--no problem. Not sure what breed they are...Labradoodles?

Supreme Court to decide on Travel Ban Order

When Donald Trump took the oath of office as our 45th president, he swore to uphold our Constitution.

Giving campaign statements more credence than Trump swearing to uphold the Constitution, Judges decided that these statements showed his true intent when he issued his Executive Travel Ban Order. Security of our country was irrelevant--it was discrimination against the Muslim religion.

And then you have Obama who restricted visas for seven Muslim-majority countries — Iran, Iraq, Syria, Sudan, Somalia, Libya and Yemen where there was no problem with the courts.

"The Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals upheld a lower court injunction against President Trump's March 6 executive order on immigration. The injunction blocked the portion of the order that suspended the entry of nationals from Syria, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, and Yemen into the United States. The Fourth Circuit concluded that the motivation for the executive order was religious in nature in violation of the First Amendment. Attorney General Jeff Sessions said he would appeal the case to the Supreme Court" [Ballotpedia]

 Read about it...

With ISIS stating it will destroy the West, our courts must take this as seriously as our president. "All people who cherish life must unite in finding, exposing and removing these killers and extremists – and yes, losers; they are losers." ~ Donald Trump

Stabbing in Lake Worth

It wasn't a shooting this time but bad enough-- right near 6th Avenue South and Dixie Highway.

Read about it...

Egypt pounding terrorists in Libya


Egyptian President al-Sisi ordered airstrikes to blast terror camps in Libya following bus massacre of Egyptian Coptic Christians. We have his back.


Friday, May 26, 2017

Sunset 5-26-17

Roger Stone Guest Speaker at Republican Club on June 1

Peter D'amico, a fine artist

It took me a very long time to buy a Peter D'amico painting. Although I always loved and admired his art for years, it just didn't go with my decor which is all animal and earth tones. But when he died a few weeks ago, I bought this painting and actually found a spot where it "works."

Proceeds from the sale of his paintings (only three are left..Click here to view) at the House of Frames on Lake Avenue will go towards Peter D'amico's cremation costs at All County.

If you want to have a lovely colorful piece of art that will go towards a good cause, visit the House of Frames, 1510 Lake Avenue.


Trump at NATO

NATO is an Alliance that consists of 28 independent member countries across North America and Europe, the newest of which, Albania and Croatia, joined in April 2009. An additional 22 countries participate in NATO's Partnership for Peace program, with 15 other countries involved in institutionalized dialogue programs. The combined military spending of all NATO members constitutes over 70% of the global total. Members' defense spending is supposed to amount to at least 2% of GDP

Trump Poll numbers slightly up

Not that I particularly like polls--they are somewhat suspect to me ever since Donald Trump's win on election night. The polls got it all wrong leading up to November 8, 2016. Remember that Clinton was predicted to win by an 84 percent chance while Trump had a 16 percent chance, according to The Upshot  Well, we all know how that all turned out.

On Wednesday, Rasmussen Reports released its daily presidential tracking poll, putting Trump at a 48 percent approval rating. That’s a four-point jump in two days from Rasmussen, and a five point increase from his recent low of 43 percent on May 16.


Gianforte Wins in Montana

Election Results: Gianforte Wins U.S. House Seat in Montana

Greg Gianforte, a Republican technology executive who was charged with assault on Wednesday night, defeated Rob Quist, the Democratic candidate, in a special election for Montana's at-large Congressional seat.

Election results

Minnesota Muslim Jihadists

"Clare Lopez, vice president of research and analysis for the Washington-based Center for Security Policy, said the incident in Minneapolis very well could indicate the tip of a very dangerous iceberg.

Local law enforcement knows that the Minneapolis neighborhood of Cedar-Riverside already functions as a Somali enclave known as 'Little Mogadishu,' where Shariah prevails, not U.S. constitutional law, or Minnesota law or Minneapolis municipal law.

It is, in effect, a no-go zone, where local police must be wary for their security if they enter in uniforms or police cruisers, Lopez said. It is a place that exports jihadist suicide bombers to Islamic terror groups like al-Shabaab and the Islamic State.

Now is the time to act. Police should use the arrests of the two jihadists as a pretext to go in and clean out the neighborhood, Lopez said."

Read about these Jihadists... who live in an American town under Sharia Law where the police fear to tread and our Constitution doesn't matter.

Why aren't we doing anything about it? Ask the next politically correct liberal you meet.

Thursday, May 25, 2017

Sunset 5-25-17

The Middle Class

This is a cartoonist who actually "gets it."

ISIS in Philippines--Duterte declares Martial Law in Mindanao

“Anyone now holding a gun, confronting the government with violence, my orders are spare no one, let us solve the problems of Mindanao once and for all," Duterte said Wednesday.
“If I think you should die, you will die. If you fight us, you will die. If there's an open defiance, you will die, and if it means many people dying, so be it. That's how it is,” he added.

ISIS is sneaking closer to our country and operating their mayhem in the Northern hemisphere. At least seven police officers were killed in Marawi by ISIS. President Rodrigo Duterte placed the entire island of Mindanao under martial law for 60 days after battles between government troops and the Maute (ISIS) in Marawi escalated

The Philippines is located in both the northern and eastern hemispheres, and positioned off the southeastern coast of Asia, directly east of Vietnam and northeast of Malaysia.  Hawaii is in the Northern Hemisphere.

Philippines to Hawaii

4 hurt in crash at S. Dixie & 10th

Read about it...

$1,000,000 Dinner Celebration

The Lake Worth Dollars for Scholars and the Lake Worth High School Alumni Foundation celebrated the one million dollar level of awarding scholarships to deserving students at Lake Worth high. There is also the Barry Grunow Fund that awards scholarships to Palm Beach County students who want to pursue education as their profession.

Held at the beautiful Atlantis Country Club, the room was filled with those who have helped contribute towards this million dollar success.

Dr. Annette Gilbert, class of 1975 and now the Guidance Counselor at Lake Worth High and a LWHS Alumni Board member along with her son Brandon, Class of 2001, performed the song, "The Greatest Love of All."  The high school chorus gave an outstanding performance as well.

Its founding president Dennis Dorsey spoke, as well as David Cantley, former principal of the school who talked to us about the Dollars for Scholars history. Harold Gilmore, class of 1947, is the president of the LWHS Alumni Foundation and the master of ceremonies for Tuesday night's festivities.

Many there were politicians, past and present from the PB county school board, present commissioners Vice Mayor Scott Maxwell and Commissioner Herman Robinson from Lake Worth, and former commissioners Honey Duncan and Nadine Burns. Elvis Epps, the new principal of Lake Worth High School was also there enjoying the evening as well as Bradley Harper, our newly elected judge in Palm Beach County's 15th Circuit Court, a former recipient of a scholarship.

Bitching about everything Trump - Now it's the Budget

While the whole world is focused on the horrors of Manchester, the liberals prepare for their assault on the President’s budget. Their plan will be to grow every entitlement program at the cost of the military. In this article, Allen West takes us to where the military is right now and then where it should be. You will also understand the tactics of the Democrat party as they buy their votes with your dollars.

What's the Budget priority?  More Food Stamps or Vanquishing the Enemy?

Read Allen West's article

Even while the president was on his Mid-East trip building bridges, the news media was focused on bashing him on the firing of James Comey and the fabricated Russian "collusion."

And now just glancing at the headlines of the Palm Beach Post, what is their choice today as the top story? "CBO: 23M lose coverage in newer bill," rather than spotlighting a positive that this budget would reduced spending by $110 billion over 10 years.

We get all these horror stories and essentially the Left, knowing that the status quo is unsustainable (average premiums rose 105% in 2017 for Obamacare) and that we must get to a balanced budget.  They won't accept anything less than socialized medicine or Single Payer healthcare with huge premium subsidies to all, even those who are non-citizens, at the expense of our national security.
Study on Obamacare

Trump was elected not to fix what was there, but to repeal and replace healthcare and reduce our spending. Basically, liberals  want to bitch about everything Trump.