Sunday, August 23, 2026

Tmpon Tim blocks mining

Walz blocks mining near Boundary Waters, hands China a strategic advantage over U.S. minerals

Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz signed an executive order blocking mining permits near the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness, a move Republicans say undermines federal law, kills union jobs, and strengthens China's grip on critical minerals.

Walz's order halts state agencies from reviewing or processing permits for proposed mining projects in the Rainy River Headwaters Watershed in northeast Minnesota, home to the Duluth Complex, the largest known untapped source of nickel and copper in North America.

The order also directs the state Department of Natural Resources to draft legislation that would ban nonferrous mining in the watershed permanently and prevents Minnesota from participating as a cooperating agency in any federal environmental review of such mining.

Read more...

Recall Petition has been filed against Seattle Mayor Katie Wilson

Progressive cities keep running the same experiment and getting the same miserable results

Leaders with activist résumés and zero executive experience waltz into office, gut the tools that actually keep people safe, and then act baffled when disorder takes over.

It’s a governing philosophy that treats public safety as an afterthought – somewhere below equity task forces and camera-shy policing on the priority list.

Eventually, though, citizens stop shrugging. They stop waiting for the next election cycle and start demanding accountability now. That moment has arrived in one of America’s most famously left-leaning cities – and the vehicle is a rarely used democratic mechanism that should make every negligent mayor nervous.

From The Post Millennial:

A recall effort against Seattle Mayor Katie Wilson is heading to court, with petitioners accusing the socialist mayor of being “derelict in her duties for public safety” following a series of controversies involving violent crime, policing, and surveillance cameras, including the fallout from the deadly Bite of Seattle shooting.

Read more...

Birth Tourism Prevention Task Force on the job

The U.S. Department of State on Aug. 20 said that nearly 900 visas have been revoked

this has happened since a birth tourism task force was created in early August

Birth tourism refers to a foreign national traveling to another country to give birth there in a bid to allow the child to gain citizenship of that country. The Trump administration attempted to end birthright citizenship through an executive order last year, which was challenged in court and later blocked by multiple judges.

Describing birth tourism as “an insidious practice,” State Department spokesman Tommy Pigott told Newsmax’s National Report that officials are “seeing this be a global phenomenon, and we’re seeing these networks that are profiting, trying to essentially sell U.S. citizenship.”

He said this includes “by advertising a world they say is without borders or automatic citizenship, disguising themselves as healthcare services when in reality it is the insidious practice with birth tourism, and then on top of defrauding consular offices to get that visa, they then coach these people to defraud the American people when they’re here, and leave taxpayers footing the bill for their medical expenses.”

Announcing the Birth Tourism Prevention Task Force earlier in August, the Department of State said that it would use all its resources to “defend the integrity of U.S. citizenship, ensure nonimmigrant visas are used only for their lawful and intended purposes, and prevent their exploitation through birth tourism.”

“When that task force was announced, the secretary (Marco Rubio) noted that we had revoked over 600 visas,” Pigott added during Thursday’s interview. “I can now say that we are at nearly 900 visas revoked since this task force was launched.”

Read more at the Epoch Times

Rick Scott on Balancing the Budget and our National Debt

Message from Senator Rick Scott

Dear Fellow Floridian,

This week, our national debt hit $40 trillion. It's hard even to fathom just how much money we're talking about, and even more difficult when you think about how much the United States government is now paying in interest on that debt.

Here are a couple of things to put it in perspective:
  • If we paid down $1 million every day since the birth of Jesus Christ, we still wouldn’t have covered even 2% of the current national debt.
  • Meanwhile, we’re currently paying $3 billion per day in interest ALONE.
  • Congress managed to double our debt from $20 trillion in less than NINE YEARS. It was less than $6 trillion just 25 years ago. The federal debt is an exponential problem.
Think about it like a credit card bill that keeps growing with no plan to pay it off, causing prices to rise, the value of the dollar to fall, and your paycheck to cover less and less of the expenses piling up around you. We can’t sustain this.

Florida families are facing this reckless reality every day, and it's why I'm fighting to Make Washington Work for YOU by demanding Congress STOP THE SPENDING and BALANCE THE BUDGET.

That’s why I have sponsored numerous bills to tackle the swamp’s decades-long spending addiction, such as:
  • Leading the Balanced Budget Responsibility Act to provide the president with the authority and discretion to curb wasteful government spending and balance the federal budget.
  • Cosponsoring Senator Jon Husted’s Principles-Based Balanced Budget Amendment, which would amend the Constitution to require the federal government to balance its budget, just like every American family and business does.
  • Fighting the Senate’s reckless, wasteful, and corrupt earmarks.
  • Introducing my Locating Every Disbursement in Government Expenditure Records (LEDGER) Act to require the Department of the Treasury to track all government payments.
As your governor, I balanced the budget, cut taxes, paid down nearly one-third of our state debt, supported private-sector job growth, and lowered costs for families. Washington needs that same approach.

It’s time to cut wasteful federal spending, pay off our debt, and restore fiscal sanity so that we can protect the American Dream for our children and grandchildren.

Sincerely,

Rick Scott

Alex Jones off the hook for more than $43 million

Texas Appeals Court Cuts Alex Jones’ Sandy Hook Judgment by More Than $43 Million

Alex Jones won a major legal victory Friday when a Texas appeals court slashed the punitive damages in one of the Sandy Hook defamation cases.

The Texas Third Court of Appeals ruled unanimously that the trial court abused its discretion by allowing Neil Heslin and Scarlett Lewis to exceed Texas’ statutory cap on punitive, or exemplary, damages.

The appeals court ordered the punitive award reduced from roughly $45.2 million to $1.5 million. Each parent will receive $750,000 under the ruling, according to Reuters.

Jones still faces about $4.1 million in compensatory damages awarded by the jury. Interest and fees could bring the remaining Texas judgment to approximately $5.5 million to $6 million. More than $43 million was erased from the original award.

Read more about it...

The punishing financial verdicts against Jones and his company, Free Speech Systems, in recent years have forced him into bankruptcy, led to some of his personal property being put up for auction and led to him leaving his Infowars platform. For decades, he used the platform to push conspiracy theories about the United Nations, the federal government, gun control and more.

Sunrise 8-23-26

America Last in the goals of Islamists and Democrats

Crime City of Lake Worth Beach

VANDALISM
Incident #: 26087863
800 BLOCK S RIDGE ST | 8/22/2026 @ 9:10 PM
Palm Beach County Sheriff


ROBBERY PERSON
Incident #: 26087831
700 BLOCK LAKE AVE | 8/22/2026 @ 6:53 PM
Palm Beach County Sheriff


STOLEN TAG
Incident #: 26087761
900 BLOCK S D ST | 8/22/2026 @ 2:01 PM
Palm Beach County Sheriff

Saturday, August 22, 2026

Evening Sky 8-22-26

Derek Hunter at Townhall.com has a sobering column, warning that President Trump may be failing to understand what he’s dealing with.

As a businessman, he assumes that both sides want to reach a deal that allows them to walk away with something. But the mullahs and military militants running Iran don’t care about making any deal, they only care about maintaining their grip on power.

They’re not afraid of sanctions because they steal their riches off the top and don’t care if their people starve. They also don’t care if Iranians die because they kill their own people by the tens of thousands themselves.

The only way to stop them is a full-on ground war where we send in troops to kill them all.

What do you think? [Derek Hunter] Is he right?

Good Night, Patriot!

Liberal lawyer screams at ICE agent

Woke “lawyer" gets in ICE agent's face! - She gets a BRUTAL reality check

“If you get in my face again we’ll have a problem!!”

A deranged “TikTok lawyer” tried to scream in an ICE agent’s face during an enforcement operation. It did not end well for her at all… “If you get in my face again we’ll have a problem!!”

Ballroom can proceed says Chief Justice

Supreme Court Chief Justice Removes Block on White House Ballroom Construction

The order is in place until the justice, or the Supreme Court, rules otherwise.

Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts on Aug. 21 said the Trump administration can proceed with construction of a new White House ballroom.

The lower court order “is hereby stayed pending further order of The Chief Justice or of the Court,” Roberts said.

Chief Justice John Roberts on Friday allowed the White House to continue construction on President Donald Trump's $400 million ballroom project to continue for now, as the Supreme Court considers the Trump administration's emergency request to intervene in lawsuits over the project.

The temporary order comes hours before lower-court rulings would have forced a halt to aboveground construction. The brief, one-page document does not detail Roberts' reasoning or lay out a timeline for a fuller decision from the high court.

A Washington-based judge ordered work to stop because Trump didn't have congressional approval. The decision was signed by Roberts because he oversees appeals of cases filed in the capital.

The Trump administration has scored a series of victories on the high court's emergency docket, though the justices have ruled against some of the president's signature policies after fuller review.

Read more..

California school sends kids on trip for Mosque indoctrination

School district sued for sending students on 'field trip' to mosque indoctrination

Accused of violating the law by promoting single religion

With one report calling the situation "another good argument for homeschooling," there is word that parents in the school district in Palo Alto, California, are suing officials because they rounded up children for a "field trip" and then sent them into a Muslim mosque indoctrination session.

According to the Gateway Pundit, the lawsuit is against the Palo Alto Unified School District and Brent Kline, principal of Palo Alto High School.

The charge is that the school's "Social Justice Pathway" turned a class field trip to a Santa Clara mosque into "taxpayer-funded religious indoctrination."

"[T]he District failed to maintain religious neutrality, failed to ensure equal treatment among faiths, failed to protect student privacy, and failed to vet, supervise, and monitor religiously divisive outside speakers during the school-sponsored event," the case allegations include.

Read about it...

And to think I once lived near there when people were normal. And now we have to concern ourselves with Commissioners in Lake Worth Beach worried about PBSO doing their jobs under the law when it comes to illegal aliens and wearing their body cameras.

Muslim city of Dearborn is lost

'America, we have lost this city': Christian pastor erupts on Muslim town council over pro-Islam bias Sharia

Minister states, 'We will not have it anymore. Enough is enough'

Dearborn, Michigan, has a massive Muslim population. Members of that community, like other groups that have come to America, brought their own agenda, ideologies, beliefs, politics, economy and religion.

But there are concerns that Islam's Sharia law, which governs not just religion for Muslims but everything in their lives, and Sharia's demand that Islam ultimately dominate everyone, including non-Muslims, has caused alarm.

In that city, a Muslim mayor, Abdullah Hammoud, recently told a Christian minister that he was "not welcome here," and then refused to apologize for attacking the resident.

Hammoud's rage was unleashed when a resident objected to officials' decision to rename Warren Avenue in honor of Osama Silbani, who had delivered controversial opinions praising the Muslim terrorists in Hezbollah and Hamas as freedom fighters.

That clash, just a few months ago, had Hammoud blasting the Christian minister as a racist.

It's all about protecting the Illegal with the City Commission

Immigration concerns reshape Lake Worth Beach PBSO deal

A proposed 10-year policing agreement became a three-year proposal Tuesday night after Lake Worth Beach commissioners faced hours of questions about immigration enforcement, transparency and how much control the city would surrender to the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office (PBSO).

Commissioners did not approve the nearly $16 million agreement. Instead, they ordered it rewritten and removed a provision that would have allowed it to renew automatically for additional 10-year terms.

The revised contract could return for a vote Aug. 25.

“I think we go for a three-year contract,” Mayor Betty Resch said. “I think we rewrite this and bring it back with the changes that we’ve talked about tonight.”

That argument followed commissioners into Tuesday’s meeting. About 30 people spoke against the agreement or submitted written comments. Many said PBSO’s participation in the federal 287(g) immigration enforcement program has created fear among residents (a/k/a illegals) and made some people reluctant to call law enforcement for help.

PBSO District 14 Capt. Terrence Carn said the proposed city contract would not expand the agency’s relationship with federal immigration authorities. “PBSO is statutorily obligated to assist our partner law enforcement agencies if and when we’re called upon to provide assistance,” Carn said.

Commissioners wanted body cameras and Narcan training for the park rangers, clearly distinguishable uniforms, bicycle patrols and performance data showing what the program accomplishes and instead of a ten year contract that can roll into another ten years, they want a 3 year contract.

Read about it...

Abraham Lincoln gets relief-- leading a maritime blockade against Iran

Crime City of Lake Worth Beach

ASSAULT
Incident #: 26087559
1700 BLOCK LAKE WORTH RD | 8/21/2026 @ 4:18 PM
Palm Beach County Sheriff


VANDALISM
Incident #: 26087458
0 BLOCK N J ST | 8/21/2026 @ 11:09 AM
Palm Beach County Sheriff


DRUNK DRIVER
Incident #: 26087389
5TH AVE S / S FEDERAL HWY | 8/21/2026 @ 1:43 AM
Palm Beach County Sheriff

Friday, August 21, 2026

Evening Sky 8-21-26

Justice Department Drops Case After Admitting It Knew Pool Damage Wasn’t Vandalism. Here’s what should alarm you about this story. It’s not just that the government got it wrong. It’s that they charged a man with a crime while sitting on evidence that proved he didn’t commit it.

The facts are straightforward enough. David Hearn, a former Olympic canoeist, visited the Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool on June 19. Federal prosecutors under Jeanine Pirro’s leadership brought charges. They painted him as a vandal who damaged a national monument. Except there’s one problem with that narrative. The pool was already falling apart.

A National Park Service engineer sent an email on June 11, eight days before Hearn’s visit, explaining that the pool’s liner was peeling. The top layer had begun separating because of overspray from the renovation work. The contractor had used polyurea on the perimeter joint, and the stuff was flaking off in strips one to two feet wide.

This wasn’t speculation or hindsight. This was documented fact, shared with Interior Department officials and park service personnel before Hearn ever showed up. [Americanconservatives.com]

Good Night, Patriots!

Welcome home Andy Amoroso

Welcome home party for Andy Amoroso

Former city commissioner and owner of the Tacky Tourist on Lake Avenue will return to Lake Worth Beach for the first time on Saturday since suffering a stroke last month.

Dave’s Last Resort owner Dave Palumbo and his wife Sue are having a welcome home Party for Andy tomorrow at Dave's starting at 12:30.

Let's welcome Andy home.

Man threatens Judge Jeanine with assassination

Long Island man arrested for allegedly threatening to shoot U.S. Attorney Jeanine Pirro

A New York man who allegedly posted videos to X threatening to "put a bullet" in U.S. Attorney Jeanine Pirro's head, and suggested he might kill President Trump, has been arrested on federal charges.

Daniel Kretsinger, of Hauppauge, New York, was taken into custody August 11 after a federal criminal complaint charged him with transmitting a threat to injure a person across state lines, a charge that carries up to five years in federal prison.

A magistrate judge then released Kretsinger to an inpatient psychiatric treatment program over the government's objection, a decision that drew sharp criticism from Pirro's office.

The case centers on two videos Kretsinger allegedly posted to X on June 30. In one, the New York Post reported, Kretsinger appeared shirtless and visibly agitated, directing profanity-laced threats at Pirro, the top federal prosecutor in the nation's capital.

Kretsinger told investigators he traveled three states looking for Pirro. The federal charge of transmitting a threat to injure a person across state lines carries a maximum sentence of five years in prison.

The criminal complaint was filed earlier in August in the Eastern District of New York. The specific federal statute cited in the charge was not identified in public reporting.

Read about it...

Modern Warfare - Drones

Pentagon Pours Billions Into Drones

The Pentagon’s next budget bets heavily on drones, with tens of billions aimed at building an autonomous force. The push is the right lesson from modern war, and the open question is whether the Pentagon can buy fast enough to matter.

The fiscal 2027 request devotes about $54 billion to drone development, a central piece of what Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth calls a drive for “UAS domain dominance” by 2027.

It sits inside a $1.15 trillion base defense request, among the largest in modern history, that the Senate Armed Services Committee backed when it marked up its version of the policy bill in June.

The same threat runs both ways. Every dollar spent fielding drones has to be matched by dollars to shoot down the enemy’s, and counter-drone defense is the less glamorous, equally urgent side of the same line item.

Why drones. Ukraine settled the argument. Cheap uncrewed systems have destroyed tanks, ships, and aircraft worth orders of magnitude more, and mass and attrition now beat exquisite platforms in the fights the US is most likely to face.

Read more about it...