Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

Comment Up
Taken 4 months before she passed at 87

Not having been a mother, I can't possibly relate or understand all that goes into that role. I read about others who say and expound on their Moms and what positive influences they were in their lives and who credit their Moms and Dads for being the person they are today. It really does have a lot to do with it.

My Mom passed away in 2004 and not a day goes by that I don't get emotional with tears thinking about her and how much she meant to me...I miss her with all my heart.

She never was demonstrative in her affection nor did she dish out those words like candy. That was how she was raised but I always knew she was there for me. We were not a kissy family nor were we into openly expressing affection or constantly saying those three words, "I love you" validating our love. It was just always understood and my brother and I felt comfortable in that love. The day before she died, she used those three rare words. You can't imagine how important that was for me and I am sure that she knew that too.

I love you too, Mom, not only today but every day. I wish that I had told you that more often than I did.

2 comments:

Barbara Jean said...

What a beautiful lady - I would have loved to have known your mother. You were blessed to have her with you for so many years – my mother passed away when I was twelve. Lynn, your mother is still saying I love you with every beautiful aspect of nature you witness and photograph; the gorgeous morning and evening sky, the full or slivered moon and the exquisite animals you see. With those remarkable pictures you post, that still reciprocal love is shared with each of us and we too are blessed.

Lynn Anderson said...

Thank you Barbara Jean for the kind words about my Mom who never complained a day in her life about anything. I must have inherited a different gene from someone else in the family.