Click here to View the Power Point Presentation
Total cost including locker room, restrooms and pump house:
- Pool structural deficiencies: None
- Pool finishes: fairly good
- Building condition (locker rooms and restrooms): Fair to good
- Building deficiencies: Roof cover and minor mechanical and plumbing issues
- Pump House deficiencies: Replace roof system. interior piping near end of its useful life--needs to be removed and replaced.
Mayor Triolo: That kind of feature (pool) does not have to make money--just needs to be sustainable.
Commissioner Hardy: Parroting resident Peggy Fisher, Hardy asked, "Which information do I trust?" (William Waters or the engineering firm} Why did the city pay Kimley-Horn to do an engineering report if we can't trust them?
Commissioner Amoroso: Says if the pool is opened, we lose $600,00; if closed, we lose $300,000. If it doesn't beak even, you the tax payer is paying for it...needs to be modernized...ask about the penny sales tax to be used for project.
Vice Mayor Maxwell: "This pool has been used as a political pawn; it has been prostituted. in some ways." Concerned about the huge financial loss.
Commissioner Robinson: "Would love to see a family friendly pool--not necessarily in that location--not interested in spending $500,000 and getting the same thing." Last night at the Atlantis Country Club, you told me you wanted to save the pool.