Last night was the South Palm Park Candidate Forum at The Breach Club. The room was packed with people and three candidate's t-shirts were spotted: McVoy's, Robinson's and Polizzi's.
Candidates were asked to give their top five priorities. I will name the first one or two that they mentioned:
Omari Hardy: Crime/Roads
William Joseph: Safety
Herman Robinson: Sober Homes/Intralocal Partnerships
Maryann Polizzi: Sober Homes/Crime
Ellie Whittey: Money/Pool
Christopher McVoy: Sober Homes/Crime
They all were asked to rate the present city commission
Ellie Whittey: C
Herman Robinson: B+
Maryann Polizzi: B+
Christopher McVoy: C+
Omari Hardy: C
William Joseph: C
Every candidate indicated that they wanted to save our pool.
- Christopher McVoy said, "It's an amenity...find the money. The commission [Trio] voted down the financing."
- Herman Robinson wondered if it was spending "good money after bad but it was an amenity that we deserved."
- Maryann Pollizzi stated that the pool hours should not be relegated to only "29 hours a week...look at the budget...it should be opened...a fabulous pool."
- Omari Hardy said that you can't "tinker with the parking rates" to raise revenue
- Ellie Whittey said it was a "vibrant part of our community."
- William Joseph said "get a budget."