Monday, March 16, 2009

Dont' Lose Sleep over It

When I first started this blog on September 28, 2008, I wondered if I would run out of things to write about, to think about and expound upon. Even Bill Coakley with Lake Worth Media gave me advice—post your thought, your article at that moment; don’t save it for a rainy day. And I have taken that to heart.

Within this vast world of ours, there are just too many issues that are significant to allow me to remain silent or simply focus on only causes for which I am involved or find important. Sometimes it is just one word that someone uttered that will turn me on to write. At other times it is a total concept that might inspire action.

Thanks to those who have felt compelled to write to me on various articles. Some people have brought forth good viewpoints, others have tried to re-write my story. I had a good friend critique a story of mine just recently and he gave me a “B” and sent me the article back with his comments in the margin with the word “DUH.” Not everyone views my thoughts and opinions in the same way as I and I don’t expect that, nor am I Ann Coulter who encourages controversy and venom in what she says and writes. I can’t sit down at my keyboard and worry about whom I might offend today. If I did, writer’s block would prevail.

I have discovered one thing in the last 5-1/2 months, however; inspiration comes to me in the early morning and lately an entire story comes to me in the middle of the night awakening me in order to jot down the thought before it disappears.

Inspiration is one thing, but losing sleep over it….?