Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Bully and the Big Lie

It is easy for our Lake Worth blogger to personally attack certain citizens, thus the graphic for this article. He has been doing this for years. It’s in his blood. It is an addiction. But that doesn’t excuse the constant lies. I want to clear up his latest BS. He stated that certain Commissioners Golden and Mulvehill as well as the McNamara’s and I wanted William Coakley as City Manager. That is a total fabrication. Again, he assumed something to be true, because he wanted it to be so, without bothering to check. This guy has had too many trips to Disney.

At one of the City Commission meetings where the subject of hiring a new city manager was brought up, a few commissioners discussed the possibility of hiring locally. We had a very well qualified applicant living in Lake Worth who has a Master’s Degree and has worked for the County government for years. He did submit his resume for consideration.

Jo-Ann Golden nipped that in the bud when she suggested that only applicants with at least seven years of city management experience be considered. I always thought that a lame requirement. The McNamara’s were advocating for this candidate when they spoke in front of the Commission. Neither one mentioned his name. I mentioned on my blog that I thought we should let Bob Baldwin go and hire Bill Coakley for a few months until such time we hired our own city manager. I happen to believe that Coakley is highly qualified for many things. He is smart and talented. My thinking was to save over $12,000 a month salary plus benefits. I said to find and hire the best city manager out there on the planet and that price should not be an object…give him a house if need be. There is one other blogger in town who suggested the very same thing.

This is what I said, taken out of context from the complete article:
If I have said it once, I have said it a half dozen times--let’s get the best manager in the United States and I don’t care about the cost. I don’t mean one of these over-paid corporate execs. Is there any city in the 50 states that is doing things right? Let’s steal that manager away…give him a free house. Whatever.
The only thing that I have advocated is to hire the best. Recommending the immediate hire of a local resident for two months, to set us on track, makes sense to me. I have never said to go around the RFQ process for a full-time city manager. It is time to think out of the box. Nothing is worse than what we have now. We are in crisis mode. To continue on with what we have, even for two months, could kill us. To continue doing business in the same vein may not be productive.
Now it is certainly your prerogative to agree or disagree with that but that is not the argument or the problem here.

A few people advised me not to even give this guy any attention by writing about his Big Lie but I think lies should be cleared up particularly as he is getting the attention he craves at the expense of it.

My biggest problem with this particular attack blogger is that he rarely gets it right because his purpose is not about that. His purpose is to defame citizens by lies and distortions. That is his game along with the half dozen followers who post under multiple fictitious handles on his board. At least the National Enquirer tries to be factual.