What was supposed to be a 10 minute PBSO report dragged on for at about forty minutes. Every commissioner had questions of the captain. Some of the highlights of Cpt. Baer's report from Tuesday night's commission meeting:
- Overall crime down in 2016 by 2.6%. No surprise on this as I had previously stated this would be the case. Not sure if jaywalking is a part of this stat.
- 10 murders in year 2016--1 murder so far in 2017
- No mention of the number of shootings which are weekly.
- Aggravated assault up from 239 to 279
- Drug overdoes way up and the most in March 2017 since July of last year
- Property crime down by 5%
- Vehicle theft down
- Lots of prostitutes rounded up and two massage parlors raided--one on North Dixie and one near Propaganda nightclub on S. J Street