Sunday, February 28, 2016

Quote of the Day - Sheriff David Clarke

“The only time that Barack Obama says the word "can’t," is when he looks at Congress and says ‘they can’t stop me,’ otherwise that word does not exist. He will find some way to wiggle around this. We will wake up some morning and find out that these detainees have been slipped into the United States and into some federal prison. That’ll be catastrophic.

Because you’re going to get some terrorist sympathizer group that’s going to go to federal court and say, ‘now that these people are on US soil, they have constitutional rights,’ which they don’t. But you’ll find some activist judge that will demand a hearing for habeas corpus and the next thing you know these people are going to have to be released into the general population. If I’m one of those terrorists and I released, I’m saying ‘look, you’re not sending me back. You brought me into the United States and I want to stay here.’ Barack Obama does not care about that. He cares about his campaign promise to close Gitmo.”

~ Sheriff David Clarke, Milwaukee

Sheriff Clarke does not trust Obama about not transferring Guantanamo prisoners to federal American prisons due to his past track record.

No comments: