Monday, December 22, 2008

Evening on the Avenues

The Cultural Plaza

Evening on the Avenues is my favorite event in the City of Lake Worth. I have written about this before on lakeworthmedia before my name on my articles became eradicated, lost and/or obscured. Friday night’s band was no exception as to why I think this is the best event we have. In fact, I loved this band. According to the Chamber’s web site it lists the name of it as “Jason Collannino.”

There are a lot of good bands but this one is exceptionally good as is the group, Cricklewood. It’s just my taste in music, I guess. It is not only the bands that make this event special. It is the camaraderie; all of our residents in one place enjoying themselves and everyone getting along…no one thinking about politics.

I have to give kudos where they belong so I thank the Chamber and the CRA for Evening on the Avenues.

Wayne Marcinkoski of the CRA raised a legitimate question regarding the administrative fee in order to put on these events. Tom Ramiccio says it costs $700 per event for Evening on the Avenues and that money I understand goes to him and his staff. Mr. Ramiccio requires his staff to be at the Cultural Plaza from 5pm until 6pm on those two nights a month. Wayne asked for a breakdown of that money—who gets what amount. We can’t expect people to work for nothing but the question is fair when it is taxpayer money being doled out. When the Chamber keeps upping the ante in the amount it wants from the CRA, any question is fair.