So you won't see this on CNN. Here is a post I just saw and had to share.
- 1.) The Paris Climate Accord was NEVER ratified by Congress, which is constitutionally required. Even #Democrats did NOT want to vote for this deal, which should tell you something. Therefore the will of the American people was never checked on the signing of such a deal
- 2.) It allows other countries/parties to start litigation against US companies and products for not meeting environmental standards invented in Paris for the cause of addressing climate change, which can destroy US jobs and the economy. These standards will not be vetted by the US government for approval. It also can be abused for foreign policy advantages
- 3.) The Paris Accord SURRENDERS environmental standards and laws that impact the lives of Americans to a foreign (European) body, not our constitutional and representative US government. Something that Obama (again a self-proclaimed constitutional scholar who seems to have skipped such classes) was perfectly and knowingly okay with
- 4.) It's bad math and does all of the above with the hope and small chance of attempting, but not guaranteeing success, of spending $100 TRILLION to impact and lower temperatures by 0.3 degree F. #WishfulThinking #BadOdds #PaperAccomplishments
- 5.) For liberals who loved executive orders/treaties by #Obama, but loathe it hypocritically for #Trump, a president can easily undo executive orders/treaties as fickle as they see fit. Hence why CONSTITUTIONAL ratification by Congress is the lasting way to do things, but Obama (a self-proclaimed constitutional scholar) never wanted to compromise and work with Congress to do so