- Spending $197,518 on a street sweeper even though that function is farmed out to U.S. Sweeping.
- Agreement with Palm Beach County for demolition services up to $25,000 per demolition that must benefit the low to moderate income residents in the area.
- A Credit...can you believe it--under budget? of $53,317.38 for coming under budget for pump design
- $36,134 for additional road design on 16,17,18 Avenue North and Terrace Drive.
- $115,225 for chemicals for our water!
You know how retail operations price everything under one penny to make it sound cheaper...$1.99, $5.99 as an example. Well, that's the same gimmick being implemented with the Bornstein raise.
City Manager Bornstein is up for a big raise--16.55%--but this is not surprising considering he just promoted Juan Ruiz to assistant city manager for a salary of $135,000 plus big "bennies."
Second Amendment to Employment Agreement for City Manager Michael Bornstein
This amendment will adjust the annual compensation provided to the City Manager, increasing his base annual salary from $145,000 to $169,000.
BACKGROUND AND JUSTIFICATION:
Under the April 7, 2015 Amendment to the City Manager’s Employment Agreement, the City Commission agreed to review Michael Bornstein’s base salary on an annual basis on or about April 1st of each successive year of employment; however, no increase in compensation has been addressed in the past two years.
In 2015, the City Commission established the annual salary for City Manager Bornstein at $145,000. A recent survey of City Manager Compensation in the surrounding Palm Beach County area shows this salary to be one of the lowest in the Palm Beach County area. The previous City Manager to City Manager Bornstein held an annual salary of $150,000 during her tenure at the City from 2009-2011. (To be specific, she left after 32 months when she was fired by the new commission--The Trio--because she did not "have my vision," said Triolo).
City contributes 10% of salary into 401(k) or now $16,900 a year.
$1,000 for life insurance premiums
Medical and Dental insurance
Paid 12 sick days and 15 vacation days per yea--probably more by now who knows?
Travel and expenses reimbursed to outside meetings
Professional dues and subscriptionspaid
Cell phone and cell service
$500 monthly automobile allowance.