Thursday, January 29, 2015

Next Republican Candidates?

Comment Up

There has been so much discussion on who will be running for President in the Republican Party. So many names have been tossed out there for us to consider--Rasmussen has the primary polls as Mitt Romney, Ben Carson, Jeb Bush, Chris Christie and Rand Paul. Other polls show Scott Walker, Paul Ryan (it's his birthday today!), Marco Rubio, Lindsey Graham, Rick Perry, Rick Santorum, Bob Portman and others.

My Prediction:

Although I am crazy about Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio and I love Ben Carson, and there are many more Republicans testing the waters, those who I believe will take the step to be our next president, will be:

Jeb Bush...middle of the road and out of step even though he did a good job as Governor of Florida. His advocacy for Common Core and his stand on illegal immigration will hurt him. Those are issues supported by Obama.

Mike Huckabee...Straight shooter and good guy who shines the light on it all. I like his positions on just about everything.

Rand Paul...I like a lot of his ideas especially wanting to cut corporate tax in half to create millions of jobs but I still can't quite figure him out. He is a dove in a violent world.

Mitt Romney...He was right when he said in 2012:  "We have a choice of two paths: Obama or prosperity." He should have been our president.  I think that the Republicans might just nominate him.  Three strikes and finally out?

Let's go with Marco Rubio--young, fresh and right and bright. You can't win the Party nomination by moving to the middle or acting like a Democrat.

What do you all think? When I bet, I usually lose.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It just might be Jeb bush. He might have a chance of beating Hillary Clinton

Anonymous said...

mAybe people are tired of Bush's. ted cruz is a good one.