Friday, October 31, 2014

Lake Worth and its lack of Integrity

Comment Up

Rene Varela said it years ago, "Politics in Lake Worth is a blood sport." So much for this commission and its total lack of integrity. Talk about terrorists!

Yesterday I wrote them regarding Wes Blackman sitting on a city board and asked that he be removed for the lies and venom he spreads on his blog against this blogger in particular. Because he is a representative of the city by his political appointment as chair of the Historic Board, he should be subject to some sort of ethical standard, wouldn't you think? Well, the confidentiality request of my letter was not to be.  Only one commissioner and the city manager even acknowledged they received it from me--Andy Amoroso, who appointed Blackman, and Mike Bornstein. 

It is true that this is public information but no one expects their request of confidentiality to be ignored by the leaders of your own city. You go through the process of a public information request. If you constantly libel someone, slander them, present information that is a lie, hate speech, senior abuse, etc. you can be sued in a civil court.  Free speech is not absolute. And the city is now complicit?

Wes Blackman has no business being on a city board.  Free speech can only, by law, go so far.  You can not make up fantasy and hold it out to the world as truth--call someone a racist or call them anti-Semitic?  As a board member and its chair, he represents the city and all who reside here and therefore there is no place for his hate. 

How do you separate his being a representative of the city and his personal choice to spread disgusting venom? He can certainly have an opinion but his comments go far beyond what is acceptable especially for someone who represents the city. Members of city boards are held to a higher standard. This is more than just a difference of opinion between two bloggers. Should he be reporting the truth, not fantasy and be allowed to maliciously resort to lie after lie for political ends and to gain brownie points from this commission and his handful of haters?

THE LETTER I sent (his entire blog post was included along with the false comments):

Wes Blackman has no place as head of your Historic board.  Please remove him. His blog comments are lies and fantasy—calling me a racist and anti-Semitic for starters.

As an add, I have never been to Century Village in my life.

The first article was written by American Thinker, documented by a link and on incidents happening across the country regarding black on white crime. In his quest to ruin my credibility, he has resorted to HATE speech. This is not in good fun. This is libelous and character assassination. He feels he can intensify his false charges and defame me because of your not following rules of decorum at city commission meetings and allowing my public lynching.

Please REMOVE HIM from that board. Anyone who disagrees with him politically in this city would be subjected to his inner prejudice and could have difficulty appealing their case if they had to appear before him. Free speech is one thing but what appears below is slanderous and libelous and inaccurate fantasy. His comments prove that he has no business being on any city board much less being the Chair of the Historic Preservation board.

This is a friendly notice via e-mail.

This e-mail is confidential and not to be forwarded. Thank you.

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's a jerk, no doubt about it. The problem with Wes is he loves being a jerk. No one believes what he says. When people have no retort to the written truth, they resort to calling people racists. Don't worry about the AH. I agree, he shouldn't be representing the city in any capacity. He is disrespectful to certain citizens and continually makes them targets for all his sick friends. Hope he runs for election again. He would get 40 votes. The only thing that we can hope for is that people run for office.

Anonymous said...

Get a lawyer. I know a few and will call you.

Anonymous said...

Here is some advice,,,Forget about him. He talks to himself.Everyone knows he is an arrogant poison pill. People only read that blog for entertainment and wondering what crazy thing he will say next. He loves making a fool out of himself.

Anonymous said...

Oh please yes. hire a lawyer. You both have been going at each other for a few years now. Your styles are quite different though. With very few exceptions, Wes will post any comments from his readership. Notably any from you or his other detractors. Some quite nasty. You, on the other hand, do not even follow your own rules and censor opinions that make sense but are too intelligently written in opposition to yours.

Wes uses your own words against you. Your own friends' comments against you and your lack of helpful insight or actions to make anything in Lake Worth better.

He at least volunteers his time and expertise to his city. What do you do? Complain, complain, oh look at this nice sunset, complain, complain, complain, oh look at this duck, complain, complain, complain, oh.... you get the picture.

I will copy this comment and you can see it on his blog under your letter because this will most likely not be posted here where I wrote it.

Lynn Anderson said...

Follow MY policy, not the bully blogger.

Anonymous said...

You are absolutely right, anony 9:03. Wes is one big lying fool and twists everything around to denigrate even an entire neighborhood and all the people living in it. I never read that filth. As said before by someone, his blog only exists in any readership at all because of this one. I agree that this commission is the hindrance in moving the city forward. Now how do you like my twisting your words around?

Anonymous said...

It's libel. Wes doesn't get it. He's a child. Get a lawyer. File a suit. Shut the A-hole up.

Lynn Anderson said...

Oh but he DOES get it. He should really declare that it is fiction and then he could get away with it, maybe.

Anonymous said...

Is he really much different than you. You have posted many ugly comments from your readers.

Anonymous said...

What a loser bunch of f-ing bullies.They don't get respect because they give none.Everyone is turned off other than those who were bullies as kids and that attitude has manifested itself to those sitting on the dais.Creeps.I don't even listen on my pc anymore.What's the use?

Lynn Anderson said...

@11:50--Yes, he is a LOT different than I--no comparison. Comments are ok...free speech. I do not allow personal attacks on other citizens. I don't publish them on city commissioners either. I don't touch gender, age, weight, sexual habits and the like...I don't allow comments where someone says so and so is nothing more than a drunk as an example or someone puts someone down for being Gay or religious. I will publish comments that disagree and call an elected official a name or two...they have to take the heat for their policy. Those who represent the city are subject to a different discretion. My policy is very explicit.
And to whoever said that the bully prints all comments, NOT true.

Anonymous said...

You love this stuff, love the attention that you otherwise would not have. You feel important and that your opinion matters is feeding your ego. This behavior is very prevalent in today's society. This blog is your greatest accomplishment in your life.

Lynn Anderson said...

Right, I love being beat up by people like you on a daily basis.

I write because I enjoy it. You have NO idea what I have done in my life. My opinion may not matter to you or anyone for that matter. And I could care less.

I write how I see it. I believe that's why most people write anything.

Anonymous said...

I agree that Wes should not be serving on a City board. It is clear that he is completely biased, I would be afraid to come before him on any city business (and yes I own a historic home) since I voted against LW2020 and debated the issue online with him.

But, you have to know that if you email the City it becomes public record. I'm not sure why you would think that the email would remain confidential, indeed it can't remain confidential under the Sunshine law.

Lynn Anderson said...

All you can do is hope that someone has integrity and honors the request. It should have been obtained through a Freedom of Information Request, not just forwarded to him by one of the addressees. Life gets so incredibly simple for people like this.
It is a possible legal issue and as such I was hoping that this body might have seen that. I have always honored commissioners requests when they have told me that something is "off the record." They didn't give me the same courtesy.

Anonymous said...

Lynn, I am really surprised at you for trusting this commission in any respect. look what they did to the heights vote. I live right near there and if they allow a building to go more than 45 feet, they are in trouble.

Anonymous said...

Wes should go find his noddle and tread water for awhile.

Anonymous said...

That guy on the right reading your blog, isn't that Blackman? Sure looks like him, I remember those legs.

Anonymous said...

Lynn, do what many of us have done. We just DO NOT LOOK AT HIS BLOG. I took it off my tab/bookmark and I do not go to his website at all. I do not care what he writes about or anything about him anymore. His actions and words are despicable. I have no respect for him. You need to stop looking at his blog and playing his game, that is what he wants you to do. He only puts what he wants, most of the time he will not post anything that goes against his beliefs. Don't waste you time or energy on him or his blog, they are NOT WORTH IT!

Anonymous said...

You never posted comments from Dee McNamara about Mary Lindsey being a drunk? You'll post anything including some of the most hateful racist comments I've ever seen. So this poor little me I'm a good person crap ain't flying. I'm sure you don't even believe it. You deserve everything you get and more. Please please please get an attorney. Yet something else for you to be laughed at about.

Lynn Anderson said...

@ 3:35...you have me confused with the bully blogger. He posts everything from Dee whereas I reject about 99% of her stuff. No one is laughing and nothing is racist on this blog. Point out what you believe to be racist comments that I write, not what someone else might comment or say. Everything is "racist" to your people when you have no argument in the game. You can't libel people, anonymous so put that in your pipe.

Frank said...

I can't believe you wrote "I do no allow personal attacks on other citizens." That is a not true and there are many screen shots that prove it. If you don't like the other blogger's behavior fine, but do act like you are blameless.

Lynn Anderson said...

I think I did qualify the statement. However, if someone attacks me or one of my friends, they are subject to it themselves. Tough love.