Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Frank Palen resigns from P&Z

From: Frank S. Palen
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2012 11:21 AM
To: William Waters Cc: Barbara Alterman Esq. ; glen@torcivialaw.com; Pamela Lopez; Karen Vaughn; Michael Bornstein; Scott Maxwell; mrbsph@aol.com

Subject: Resignation from LW P and Z Board

PBC Ethics Code Requirements

William,

Because my law firm is now a vendor to the City, the PBC Ethics Code's "conflict of interest" rules require me to resign from the P&Z Board. The Ethics Code does not permit a waiver in the case of quasi-judicial boards. As my attached letter suggests, I am able and willing to assist the City in other ways if such assistance is desired. I wish you and the Board the best & hope that we can find some other way for me to assist you during the transition to the new ULDC. Please convey my regrets and well wishes to the members of the P&Z Board.

Frank Frank S. Palen, Esq., AICP

No comments: