Monday, September 7, 2009

A Circus Act?

Comment Up
Javier says that he plans on running the most progressive campaign in Lake Worth's history. This sounds scary to me particularly since no one can tell me what "progressive" means. Does anyone really know?

Could it possibly mean that he believes that power, wealth, and information must flow freely rather than be concentrated in the hands of a few so that all citizens have the means to contribute...taking away from the rich to give to the poor...believing in policies that enhance the collective good, rather than the good of a few individuals...open borders?... I don't know. Hopefully we will all learn more.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot to count the bicycles!

Lynn Anderson said...

Thanks Tom for your penetrating commentary. You have an unusual knack of taking the essence of an article and giving it a whole new twist. Did you ride your bike?

Anonymous said...

Yes, I did ride my bike there!

And as you and Bil Coakley reported I too found the condition of the shuffleboard courts is indeed deplorable.