Monday, August 10, 2015

Quote of the Debate - John Kasich

Comment Up

As we have a lot of the GLBT community that have settled here in Lake Worth, I thought that candidate John Kasich's answer at the debate on gay marriage was well stated. What do you think?

Well, look, I’m an old-fashioned person here, and I happen to believe in traditional marriage. But I’ve also said the court has ruled … and I said we’ll accept it. And guess what, I just went to the wedding of a friend of mine who happens to be gay. Because somebody doesn’t think the way I do doesn’t mean that I can’t care about them or I can’t love them.

So, if one of my daughters happened to be that, of course I would love them, and I would accept them, because you know what, that’s what we’re taught when we have strong faith. Issues like that are planted to divide us. … We need to give everybody a chance, treat everybody with respect, and let them share in this great American dream that we have.

Megyn, I’m going to love my daughters, I’m going to love them no matter what they do, because you know what? God gives me unconditional love, I’m going to give it to my family and my friends and the people around me.

 ~ John Kasich

2 comments:

Carol said...

He has to be diplomatic as it was decided by the leftist Supreme Court. He did a good job answering the baited question but personally marriage is between a man and a woman no matter what they say about it.

Anonymous said...

Free association.
Gov has no say defining marriage.