Friday, October 9, 2009

My Name is "Q" how do you do? It's not true!

Comment Up
I met Kanye West this morning. He was right in my face. I stopped in to Boynton Tech at the corner of Lake and Dixie to get more copying done and was confronted by someone in a suit who came on to me as if he knew it all.

As I was standing there waiting for some copying, out of the sky blue, he asked who I was supporting and I threw a few names at him. It wasn’t his business to ask but I thought that I would be sociable. He really was mad. He then proceeded to say that he was told that I was part of the problem in Lake Worth. I asked for him to explain himself. It all comes down to supporting Lake Worth business and I guess the names I gave to him have not done printing in his store.

He said that the candidates I mentioned were “against Lake Worth businesses.” I then told him that was a lie and asked him if one of his customers had given him that impression. I told him that there were ten candidates. He told me that was not true-- that there were only six. I said that two candidates were giving him business but that was not good enough I guess and he implied strongly that anyone who went anywhere else was NOT supporting Lake Worth. Where would he ever come to that conclusion?

I am the biggest advocate of supporting downtown and all Lake Worth business. The only requirement is that the product or service be competitive. I suggested to Q (he refused to give me his name but I have since found out that he is the CEO of this corporation and his name is Quetel Osterval) that perhaps his prices were too high. He argued that he was cheaper than anyone else. I asked about the price of Loretta’s yard sign as they were stacked neatly in the corner of the room. He said it cost $4 per sign and that included delivery and the stake…insisting once again that he was the cheapest. I then told him that the candidate I mentioned got yard signs much cheaper. He argued that there was no way.

I asked him why he was harassing a customer as I was just in there to get some copying done. He said, “what… a couple of pages being copied?” like that was no big deal for him and not worthy. I said that I was just a private citizen using a local business. I have never seen such an argumentative owner in my life. It is a corporation with the main branch located at 1501 Corporate Drive in Boynton Beach.

This guy is a prime example why a customer would never go back. I called the main office in Boynton Beach…asked for the CEO….Rita put me on hold and said that I had spoken to him already in Lake Worth...kept me on hold again and then hung up the phone. Businesses should learn not to get political as they could lose more than they could gain. Candidates should not be bad-mouthing other candidates. Win on your merits, if there are any.

I just got a call from someone who said that Quetel is now saying around town that I said if my candidate gets elected that he will try and close him down. I can see why Q does not have an I in front of it because the intelligence quotient would be about a 60.

6 comments:

Lynn Anderson said...

E-mail just received--

Lynn,
The last time I went to that store I had a bad experience too and haven't been back. This Q man sounds dangerous, be careful. I am surprised this business has stayed opened this long. Thanks for writing and exposing and sharing these things. I relate to so much of what you write about. Keep up the great work.

Unknown said...

Tom ridiculed the security issue and me along with it for months without calling me or investigating anything about the issue. So, I called and extended an invitation for him to meet with the gentlemen who reported the security breach.

When he left he thanked me saying that he had a whole different view of things… that he had changed his mind about the incident and that Andres Reyes and Larry Drenski were indeed very believable and credible.

But that epiphany didn’t result in a single word, retraction, clarification, or even an admission that he may have been wrong …he never wrote another word about it. That’s not what I expected, nor did I expect he would auto-assume you were the one needing a lesson in proper conduct.

Anyone who has lived in this country as long as Q is reported to have lived here… would never really believe a petite woman over 60 offered a real threat worthy of calling the SHERIFF. Is Q on crack?

I think Tom just took your story and transformed it into a personal issue about you… essentially making a trivial “he said, she said” non story into something about Lynn Anderson …because “Lynn Anderson” attracts readers.

And all this because a business owner hasn’t learned the basic element of good business… that “the customer is always right.”

Anonymous said...

Bill,

I will admit that I new wrote about the "Breach" after you graciously invited me to that meeting, and perhaps I need to touch on that in a different venue than here where we are talking about what happened at Que's shop.

Auto Assume? Without speaking to Que I suppose we have to take Lynn's post as gospel. Without speaking with Que, his manager and people who meet with Que directly with him after the incident it would simply been a "She Said" issue. As I mentioned over at my blog, I know Que personally and would have talked to him no matter who wrote about him.

Having operated many retail establishments over the years I always chuckle when folks use the "customer is always right" defense.

Yes a business owner must do everything they can, within reason to make a customer happy. However there are times when a customer can be unreasonable, and at that point the customer is not always right.

Like you I have a blog and post on what I find interesting or may even object to. And in this case I thought I would ask someone I know his side of the story and then give my opinion.

Tom McGow

Lynn Anderson said...

Tom-I don't know how much time you spent with Q but I suppose if you wanted to be "unbiased" or even "fair" you would have spent the same amount of time with me. You didn't. You rushed over there with the intent to discredit Lynn Anderson. That is all it was about. Now, if you have known me to me overtly rude to people, that is one thing. I tell it like it is and there are some people who just can't stand that. Q was mad and believed the political hype that those opposing Sharpe "did not support downtown business." He gave the bull to the wrong customer that day. For him now to say otherwise is between himself and God and of course, you.

Anonymous said...

Lynn,

I think this will be the third or fourth time I have said this; I went over to Que's to let him tell his side of the story. I would have done the same thing if anybody else had written about him.

Lynn, I read your side of the story. Is there something you're leaving out? Unless there is, what more would you have to tell me if I called you first. In fact in an e-mail before I posted on my blog I told you that I knew Que and his story was quite different than yours.

So the part about me rushing out to discredit you, not true!

The fact is that I let someone tell their side of the story.

I also wrote my opinion based on what I read on your blog (and your past posts chiding store owners supporting views you don't hold) plus what I heard from Que and others.

Just in case you don't get it let me tell you one more time, If ANYBODY ELSE had posted what you did, I would have done the same thing.

Tom

P.S. I think that it's interesting that you won't accept anonymous comments but are happy to post those you get via e-mail without disclosing the sender's identity. It's weird that they all seem to agree with you.

Lynn Anderson said...

Hey Tom--If you ever do a product review I will be sure to call the company and get their side of the story. Sound silly? You betcha. Obviously you believed Q and not me so there is nothing else to say about this matter. The Q man is a big, aggressive guy who is very capable of defending himself I would say. You drew the line in the sand.

Next, as far as anonymous is concerned, that was turned off because of a few people who just love to harass and blow hot air--who love to just bloviate without saying anything relevant. They even did it to you on my site. I am rather sure you know who I am talking about. I didn't post on yours but you decided to take my e-mail and post it there anyway. So, what is the complaint? Not good for me but ok for you? The only e-mail I got on that post happened to be from a guy in Tropical Ridge who had an encounter with Q. He doesn't have an account. I thought it relevant just like you thought questioning my encounter was a scoop. Kindly explain other store owners--have no idea of what you refer. I defended Havana Hideway when she was harassed by the Chamber. That is the only one I can remember. I went after Spinelli for the cigarette butts in front of his property. So? I think, I could be mistaken, that you featured Greg Rice's blighted property on Lucerne. I could be wrong.

I think that we both would like to see Lake Worth improve and people just being a little bit more civil.