Thursday, October 29, 2009

Nothing left to lose

There is a supposed press conference this evening at 5pm at the Cultural Plaza initiated by Commissioner Jennings to bring forth some sort of evidence that supports her allegations that Candidate Scott Maxwell is a racist and is involved in "hate" groups.

When I called Scott for a reply he said, "Its a free country." I then asked him if he or any of his supporters would be there and he said, "I won't be there. I have better things to do. I am running a campaign. I don't know about anyone else." His opponent, Ron Exline, knows nothing about any of it.

It reminds me of that lyric written by Kris Kristofferson for Janis Joplin--"Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose." Anyone can say anything on any given occasion about anyone and not be held accountable. Is there anything wrong with this picture? Screw loose, maybe.

No comments: