Sunday, November 1, 2015

A Testament -

I had to republish this from Facebook--it is just too honest and powerful to ignore--
Nick Jenkins to Mike Olive
10 hrs ·
CWB [ does anyone need to know who that is?] wants you to think you're doing something wrong, attending a church that just happens to be in a club setting. A LOT of AA/NA areas were founded in those same type settings. If God wanted us to do easy work he would have built more churches on corners than liquor stores, gun shops and adult venues...but He didn't, because salvation isn't something you can flip a coin and say I'm going to do the right thing and this is what I want today.

In AA/NA we learn today is a new day and I will take it as it comes (not to knock it, I still have my AA/NA books on my shelf), but accepting Jesus is to rebuke the devil in every form, give up you life in this world as we know it and give praise and worship to the true structure in where we lay our feet and foundation for this life, not in this world but in his kingdom, evermore.

Honestly, I LOVE going to the Bamboo Room, watching Pastor Mike and the choir on stage, with my back to those curtains.. hiding the booze. Its both a physical and spiritual movement forward up and away from that where we first stepped foot. Its kinda eerie. As you walk up those steps, man I hate those steps... I think there's 12 or so.. lol.. and you get to the top to be greeted by fellowship. You sit down, with your back to the things that brought most of us here!?!?!?!

 GOD IS GOD! CANT EVEN SAY GREAT, HE IS GOD!

No comments: