Sunday, March 5, 2017
"Temporary" Pool Closure
To bring this to your attention again:
Pool and Wading Pool Needs - Cost Estimate
• Main drain sump boxes and 4” drain lines clearing and compliance to VGB
• Remove failing marcite coating and epoxy paint from both pools and re-marcite
• Discover and repair leak in main drain line in the wading pool and repair.
• Replace all lane line and trim ceramic tiles in both pools
• Cut channels in stress fractures fill with hydraulic cement and finish with marcite
• Pull up deck pavers every 5’ along the perimeter of the northeast sides of the 50-meter pool for the length of both 25-yard and 50-meter and sound check on original deck for voids from pool leak erosion. Discover voids and back fill voids and replace pavers as needed to finish. Allowance--
• Clogged deck drains on east side
Sub-Total $ 208,000
In 2008, we received a matching FRDAP grant in the amount of 200,000 or a total of $400,000 that went into pool repairs. What has happened over the last eight years since the repairs were made? Can we conclude that it was a lack of maintenance and upkeep at our pool? Neglect? The budget will prove that very little was ever spent on maintenance.