Bicyclist killed after being struck by Tri-Rail train in Lake Worth Beach
Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office identified the bicyclist as Ulisses Aponte, who rode into the path of a southbound train after a northbound train cleared the crossing.Aponte failed to realize another train was approaching from the opposite direction.
Read about it...
2 comments:
This is called either suicide by train, or, riding a bike under the influence of major drugs or alcohol. As a cyclist, I will say it is impossible to for a healthy/fit cyclist to not know that a train is coming. It is sad for his family, but the problem was definitely not the train.
He thought only one train was coming and when that passed he got hit by a train of which he was not aware. They were passing within seconds of each other I would imagine. I can see how it can happen.
Post a Comment