Tuesday, July 28, 2026

McConnell releases Health update

Mitch McConnell releases health update, saying he’s not ready to return to work yet

They must have heard AOC's complaint

McConnell has missed the last 38 votes on the Senate floor since his June 14 hospitalization. He said he’s undergoing “intense physical therapy” but didn’t offer a timeline for his return.

“I’m still working hard to get back to my full schedule of work in the Senate and in Kentucky, keeping up with intense physical therapy per my doctors’ orders,” McConnell, R-Ky., said in a statement. “Unfortunately, that means I won’t be able to make it to Fancy Farm, Kentucky this Saturday.” 01:06

Thune says he defers to McConnell and team on health updates

McConnell, who said he’s in rehabilitation care after a fall at his home last month, added that there’s “no place I’d rather be” than the annual picnic in Kentucky this weekend and “I hate that I’ll miss the fun this year.” He said he’s “looking forward to getting back to the Senate and to Kentucky soon.”

Read more...

No comments: