Monday, March 19, 2012

The Next City Manager of Lake Worth

Comment Up
"Lake Worth is a tempestuous town of 35,000 with outsized problems and outsized potential..."

Read the Palm Beach Post Editorial, Bornstein is the best choice.

I have always said that experience is the key here because we are so complex and have ongoing problems that involve employee and Union situations, our biggest expense. But having said that, I am reminded of an e-mail I received early this morning that essentially said "Thank God I was given a chance to do what I do with no previous experience."

Over the course of my working career, I had only two jobs where I had previous experience--my second job and my last. Experience is important but being smart, accomplishing the goals and having an excellent work ethic are even more important. Mr. Titcomb definitely has the connections in Palm Beach County and is well liked. There is no doubt in my mind that he would do well in this job.

Michael Bornstein is willing to leave a job he has been in for 12 years because he would like further challenges. This is proof that he is fearless and believes in himself. He does not want to be stagnant but to be able to grow in city government, his career choice. What bigger challenge could he have than Lake Worth and in a city that is right next door?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sure is interesting that all these loud mouths who wanted Joe Kroll as cm are now silent. They wouldn't know a good cm from a bad one.

Have Faith said...

To 10:32 am In spite of the inappropriate firing of Susan Stanton, there is good coming our way. The days of agressive politics and a lack of civility are numbered!

Anonymous said...

Good thing these applicants are not transgendered. They might have half a chance to survive this awful town with the hateful people who are quite prevalent and hang with the Vice Mayor.

Lynn Anderson said...

This is a great city that will survive all of this. People need to stop being so mean-spirited. Allow all of us to have freedom of speech but be civil when you disagree. I do believe that the jeering and the talking in the back row of the city chamber will stop with a new city manager in spite of the fact that the mayor just doesn't "notice" it.

Anonymous said...

I listened to the 10 minute question and answer sessions on Wes's blog and here is what I think

Mike is more of the same old approach. I don't see that approach resolving the real power swing needed for LW.

Jamie is thinking a much bigger picture and has the ability to make the bigger people connections. He is a marketeer, much needed right now.

Anonymous said...

Can we get rid of those nasty azzes in the back row, the ones who wanted Joe Kroll?

Anonymous said...

I don't care who gets it as long as they don't get jerked around by Scott Maxwell.

Anonymous said...

Ms. Limpscomb name can be removed, she withdrew this morning. So now it is between Bornstein, and Titcomb.

Anonymous said...

IMO the person, at the Golf Course, that was asking how they would handle a Bully,scared Ms. Lipscome away.

Lynn Anderson said...

In your opinion huh? LOL.
Just shows if you can't take the heat.....

Anonymous said...

Well If I had said it was your fault Lynn, you never would have posted it.

Lynn Anderson said...

It's all in the way you take your poke. :)