Thursday, August 24, 2023

Two Candidates Stand out from Last Night's Debate

Vivek Ramaswamy and Ron DeSantis

Both Ramaswamy and DeSantis used the debate as a platform to distinguish themselves from the rest of the pack. While Ramaswamy positioned himself as an innovative outsider ready to shake up Washington, DeSantis leaned into his experience and track record as governor of Florida.

It was clear from the debate that both Ramaswamy and DeSantis have the potential to shape the future of the Republican party. Regardless of the outcome of the primaries, their strong performances have already left a significant mark on the 2024 presidential race. [potustoast.com]

Losers for the night--Asa Hutchinson and Chris Christie. I would classify Nikki Haley in that category as well for her anti-Trump stance.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

With the exception of Mike Pence, and Chris Christie, I thought they all did very well.

I think that Nikki Haley was the winner, which surprised me, because I have never liked her.

Ron did very well, and Vivek disappointed me a little, because my expectations for him are so high, but I'm sure he will analyze his performance, and next time he will have made the necessary corrections to his presentation.

All in all, it was a smashing success for a first debate. The best one I have ever seen. So nice to see some good younger people. Tim Scott also did very well, and so did Governor Burgum.

Anonymous said...

this vivek guy reminds me of obama with R in front of his name.my opinion desantis should finish out gov and run next term.IF trump gets it haley would be a good vp

Lynn Anderson said...

DeSantis won't have a chance next term. He had the momentum and lost it for 2024. Haley is an anti-Trumper so she gets zero recognition from me. A woman has no chance of being President of the U.S.

Anonymous said...

The only thing Vivek has in common with Obama is that he is young. Obama is a fraud. No Billion-dollar corporations did he start. He's living on our money.

I agree that DeSantis should finish his term as Governor. If he doesn't get to be President, it wasn't meant to be. I don't think the people of Florida who voted for him should be looked at as a steppingstone for his career. He's a good Governor.

Haley is very smart. I would have said the same thing until I saw her on the debate stage. Never say never.

Lynn Anderson said...

Donald J. Trump is my guy!

Anonymous said...

We know Lynn! Good Luck with that.