Sunday, December 25, 2011

A Mother's X'mas note to her son, Alex Huba

Comment Up
Dear Alex,

I hope you are having a great Christmas celebration with your Army buddies there in Afghanistan. Know that I am thinking of you and that I am proud of you for sacrificing this year of your life for our country. I know that you must miss home, but I believe that you honor our country and you honor our family by choosing to defend and protect the United States of America. And as I sit here in our dining room, staring out at our pretty garden, obese squirrels noshing on birdseed, nursing my cold, I never have to worry. I am safe and secure.

One of my little first graders, Adam, told me recently that the bad men came to his village in Guatemala and shot his Grandma and his dog.I'll never forget his fear. Through the eyes of children I know firsthand that not all countries enjoy the peace and security that we do, on this sunny Christmas day.

For that safety we enjoy, I thank you. I'm looking forward to seeing you soon. Godspeed.

Love,
Mama
Rebecca Hinson
Lake Worth, FL 33460

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of the crappiest places to be at any time of the year especially Christmas. Good luck. God bless Alex.

Anonymous said...

Thanks to our U.S. troops everywhere.

Deborah said...

It is too bad our government leaders didn't do the same sacrificing here and give of themselves and stop be self serving and greedy like most of the corporate world. I am reminded of the the following below although I do not believe this is from Warren Buffett, but I do believe the ideas can transform a stagnant, top-heavy system. How did it get this way, anyhow? Were we all too busy to pay attention? We do have the power to change our government for the better, because power ultimately resides with us, THE PEOPLE!


Winds of Change....
Warren Buffet is asking each addressee to forward this email to a minimum of twenty people on their address list; in turn ask each of those to do likewise.

In three days, most people in The United States of America will have the message. This is one idea that really should be passed
around.

_*Congressional Reform Act of 2011*_

1. No Tenure / No Pension.

A Congressman/woman collects a salary while in office and receives no
pay when they're out of office.

2. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social
Security.

All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the
Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into
the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the
American people. It may not be used for any other purpose.

3. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.

4. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise.
Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.

5. Congress loses their current health care system and
participates in the same health care system as the American people.

6. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.

7. All contracts with past and present Congressmen/women are void effective 1/1/12. The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen/women.

Congressmen/women made all these contracts for themselves. Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their term(s), then go home and back to work.

If each person contacts a minimum of twenty people then it will only take three days for most people (in the U.S.) to receive the message. Don't you think it's time?

THIS IS HOW YOU FIX CONGRESS!

If you agree with the above, pass it on. If not, just delete.
You are one of my 20+ - Please keep it going, and thanks. Yes, God bless Alex and our troops.


--
Deborah
~~~~~~
Nisi Dominus Frustra