Sunday, June 19, 2011

To Sharp Witted Dads Everywhere

Comment Up

I took my Dad, who is a senior citizen, to downtown Lake Worth the other day to have lunch at one of the local eateries We decided to sit outside at one of the restaurants to watch the sights and "people-watch" as we dined. I noticed he was watching a young person, possibly a teenager, sitting next to him.

The teenager had spiked hair in all different colors - green, red, orange, and blue. My Dad kept staring at her. The teenager kept looking and would find my Dad staring every time.

When the teenager finally had enough, she sarcastically asked: "What's the matter old man, never done anything wild in your life?"

Knowing my Dad, I quickly swallowed my food so that I would not choke on his response; I knew he would have a good one!

In classic style he responded without batting an eyelid …………

"Got stoned once and screwed a peacock. I was just wondering if you were my daughter."

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY
to outspoken Dad's everywhere and others who wish they could be

Submitted by a reader

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's an old joke an not even remotely believable. And you said recently your blog was all about the truth!

Lynn Anderson said...

Why don't you loosen up and enjoy life. Jokes are fun. Too bad you are such a stick in the mud.

Anonymous said...

I guess you have to lead these nit wits by the hand and explain everything. No wonder we are in trouble. Ramiccio. Maxwell. Can it get worse?

Sue Collins said...

It can get a lot worse. The likes of Rachel Waterman or Javier Del Sol could win! What a nightmare.

Anonymous said...

Why didn't you just say you heard a funny joke and pass it along? There's a big difference between laughing at a funny joke, and enjoying life and lying.

Lynn Anderson said...

Anonymous above--I guess you are NOT one of those sharp witted Dads. Don't take yourself so seriously becasue it makes you look like what you are.

Anonymous said...

Anony--You are a punk. Go back to the hood where you belong and while you're at it, get just a normal education that might give you some small degree of sophistication so that you are able to discern from what is a joke and fact. What an azz.