Friday, June 24, 2011

Are you Kidding Me? Attack mailer out on Rachel Waterman

Comment Up
An attack mailer hit my mailbox today. I knew that we couldn't survive without someone resorting to sleaze. It seems to be always the Republicans that do this better than anyone else but some Democrats have learned the trick as well.

Today it comes from a group called Voters Response out of Tallahassee. Voters Response has predominately paid Republican operatives and everything on the mailer is factually incorrect as far as what Waterman stands for and what she has said even down to the chickens. In truth, the MAILER IS ONE LIE as far as what Waterman is for. This is a Group famous for attack ads and even if you asked campaign managers about the attack mailers, you would get denial after denial. Everyone wants to distance themselves from any admission. It's not nice to be known as a bully. Why do they want to do that? Because they do not want to hear any explanation from the candidate they are attacking. That is not their mission. In war and in politics it is to attack and destroy.

There are always plausible and real explanations that make sense when people got hurt due to the downturn in our economy caused by Banks, Realtors, and mortgage brokers. There are a million stories. But electioneering committees are only used by those politicians in business to bring the other guy down. We saw this in some past elections but no side ever came out attacking an opponent who has suffered because of this housing bubble that burst...real people with families that had to do everything to survive when they lost their jobs and eventually their homes.

From the Dan Gelber campaign: More than half of its money (Voters Response) was spent on Data Targeting, a Gainesville direct mail company whose Republican clients have included Senate President Jeff Atwater, Attorney General Bill McCollum and the Republican Party of Florida.

Voters Response also paid Bascom Communications, a Republican consulting firm used by state GOP Chairman John Thrasher and incoming Senate President Mike Haridopolos, R-Merritt Island. State Sen. Mike Bennett, R-Sarasota, has also worked for the group.

Voters Response is run by Republican attorney Dave Ramba, a Tallahassee lobbyist whose clients include Callery-Grove L.P. and the Seminole Tribe of Florida. Ramba also played a role in a race-baiting mailer sent by another political committee in 2008 to Jacksonville Republicans that juxtaposed images of President Obama and black marchers and warned that Black Panthers and "armed thugs" could intimidate voters.

Voters Response also worked for a Democrat who ran for county commission as well as Dave Aronberg who ran against Gelber. In spite of its money bags, Dan Gelber beat Aronberg for State Attorney General but lost to Pam Bondi in the general election. I believe that Joe Abruzzo also had help from this Electioneering Committee.

Folks, you need to follow the money...connect the dots... discard the mailer in file 13.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got the flyer. Pretty sad. I remember back several years ago that I was having some work done on my house and contractors automatically put liens on it. To my surprise one day, I was told that I had an outstanding lien that had been paid a year earlier. Things happen. It doesn't mean someone is a deadbeat. Circumstances are sometimes out of our control particularly during these times.
Jackson

Anonymous said...

This sounds like Tom to me. He would never get my vote.

Anonymous said...

I too recieved the flyer today, gotta say it lists the info with the clerk of the court. I think if you ask Rachel she will admit to it....just sayin' I believe it !!

Kerry Z

Lynn Anderson said...

No one is disputing it. All I am trying to get across that there are sometimes circumstances beyond your control. Also the rest of the flier was UNTRUE.

Anonymous said...

Yes folks we should ignore the fact that someone who wants to be our mayor has a financial history that is a mess. She should now make decisions on our city budget because she's so smart. Yes throw that flyer away and forget about the reality of what is Rachel.

Anonymous said...

Too bad that the Republicans didn't come out against Jeff Clemens who had a foreclosure. No one attacked him. Slimey. There are a lot of people living in our town who have gone through this foreclosure business. There for the grace of God. I was fortunate. I did not lose my job. We know that Republicans have all the money and want to keep everyone else without.
H.

Anonymous said...

Tough bunch

Anonymous said...

I wrote previously that yes, many fell prey to the mortgage system....but 3 times?
If it is all explainable, then why hasn't she been forthcoming and explained it?
I am still unsure of who to vote for, but the fact that she has chosen to remain silent about something that might indicate she is not up for the job of tackling our city's budget and running our city,....well I think it speaks volumes.

Lynn Anderson said...

This attack mailer has two I believe, not three. I have her explanation. If you want to e-mail me, I will be happy to let you know what she said.

Anonymous said...

If you have it. Why do you not post it for ALL to see???

Lynn Anderson said...

Please refer to
http://lynn-a.blogspot.com/2011/06/disclaimer.html

Lynn Anderson said...

For all of you who are hung up on this mailer and have expressed your anonymous opinion, no matter how polite your argument is against Waterman, I have asked you to contact me personally so that I can give you Waterman's explanation. I will not be posting anything about someone's personal life, unless, of course, they commit murder.

Anonymous said...

I know she is not an elected offical, but during a campaign should this not be public record//

Lynn Anderson said...

It is public record just like documented info on the other candidates that has NOT been used against them by the Waterman campaign. Her opponents have attacked her and have also used this info against her as depicted in this mailer. How much more blood do you want? Do you want to see her walking down Lake Ave dripping in it?

Anonymous said...

sounds good to me....

AGvocacy said...

Yes, Voters Response is the brainchild of attorney Dave Ramba from Tallahassee. Funny this REPUBLICAN attorney doesn't even know what side to stand on when it come to party loyalty (click on link) http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/news_politics/2009/08/rpof-mulling-a-lawsuit-against-rambacreated-527.html . Why someone from Tallahassee has such influence over our election is beyond me but I guess in this world you get what you pay for which is why part of their mission statement reads as follows:
Honesty
We strive for long-term relationships and clients who are willing to attain their objectives with our help.

Anonymous said...

Clemans did not foreclose. He did a short sale.

BTW...A friend of mine in Murray Hills told me that Exline and Betty are not supporting Waterman. Jim McCauley is supporting Lisa Maxwell. Lynn it seems like your friends have finally caught on to the deception, when will you?

Lynn Anderson said...

My "friends" are all voting for Waterman.

Anonymous said...

Shoot, I was thinking of voting for Maxwell too, but if McCauley is supporting her then for get about it!