Walz blocks mining near Boundary Waters, hands China a strategic advantage over U.S. minerals
Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz signed an executive order blocking mining permits near the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness, a move Republicans say undermines federal law, kills union jobs, and strengthens China's grip on critical minerals.Walz's order halts state agencies from reviewing or processing permits for proposed mining projects in the Rainy River Headwaters Watershed in northeast Minnesota, home to the Duluth Complex, the largest known untapped source of nickel and copper in North America.
The order also directs the state Department of Natural Resources to draft legislation that would ban nonferrous mining in the watershed permanently and prevents Minnesota from participating as a cooperating agency in any federal environmental review of such mining.
Read more...
9 comments:
Tired hearing news about Democrats in other states. What's happening in Florida with Republicans? What's the latest with Donalds and DeSantis?
@7:06pm--You're "tired" of it? It's important but I would suggest that you move on from Democrats who find the environment more important than our national security.
DeSantis stayed out of the Primary and did not endorse anyone. I think he wanted the Lt. governor to have the spot but he let the chips fall where they did. Trump endorsed Donalds so he stayed out of that fight.
I don't understand your move on sentence. I live in Florida and like to hear about what Republicans are doing in the state more than i care about minnesota or ny. Why is that so bad? are you actually upset with me because of that?
Just move on and read something else. Democrats are ruining our country whether they are Floridians or Minnesotans, or whatever.
Thank you. I will. Anna Marie recommended this blog to me. I've never experienced a more rude person online.
@2:41...you can't expect less on a conservative blog. Democrats can't handle the truth. Happy to know you are moving on.
Are letting your hate blind you, got TDS? Get some help!
I have no idea who that person was but all they requested is more Florida Republican coverage here. Because of that question they're attacked as a Democrat and accused of having TDS?
You all need some anger management.
@7:32...I answered the question initially and you just had to continue. If you want to read more about Florida Republicans that's great...there is the Internet. In the meantime, it is Democrats that are destroying our country and I write about that. No one has to read it. OK? And you can bet Democrats are an anger issue with most of us. Anger Management we don't need...just more Republicans elected to office would clear it all up. :)
Post a Comment