Friday, April 26, 2019

Being a Conservative


When I was younger, I was a Democrat or at least registered as one. I believed in what other people told me--younger people do that. The main thing that stands out in my mind is that I was told over and over again (and not by my family as they were Republicans) but by my peers--Republicans didn't care about the little guy...they only cared about the wealthy. I believed this lie.

Democrats have hung on to this deceit all these many decades in order to divide this nation and the lie certainly has worked. Liberals believe in turning over traditions and doctrine, being PC correct. And that's what even happened on a small, but extremely important scale, right here in Lake Worth when the name of our city after 106 years was voted out and changed. Liberals only care about their feelings in a particular moment, not thinking about the consequences or the insensibility of their actions.

Thomas Sowell said, "Out of every hundred new ideas ninety-nine or more will probably be inferior to the traditional responses which they propose to replace. No one man, however brilliant or well-informed, can come in one lifetime to such fullness of understanding as to safely judge and dismiss the customs or institutions of his society, for those are the wisdom of generations after centuries of experiment in the laboratory of history."

American Conservatism

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's very interesting, Lynn, but as you can read for yourself, there are more than one kind of conservative. I happen to be a Traditional Conservative, of the Edmund Burke school.

These are the people your blog totally ignores, focusing all of your attention on the radical right wing conservatives, although you, yourself, I believe to be more on the Traditional side.