Sunday, December 27, 2009

Dr. Steve Rosen - Florida Hometown Democracy Part IV - Conclusion

Comment Up

A Payback on Politicians--
By Dr. Steve Rosen

As I attempted to work with the Florida Fish and Widlife and the system in general in what began as a serious effort to protect the gopher tortoise with no results, I one day happened to read an article in the Ft. Lauderdale Sun Sentinel about Florida Hometown Democracy.

After mulling it over, I determined that there was still hope. I could effectively bypass the Florida Legislature, the Fla Fish and Wildlife “Con’servation Commission stacked to the hilt with development interests, the courts and the developers and go directly to the public. When I finally met Lesley Blackner, Chair of Florida Hometown Democracy, she had already reached this conclusion about bypassing the courts and politicians who could care less about the rest of us.

I told Lesley I wanted to contribute enough money to assure this issue makes the ballot and sure enough, thanks to a great team effort, it happened.

Meanwhile, none of the detractors will attack me. No newspapers want to interview me. I wonder why. I am the second largest donor to FHD. Even Ryan Houck and company refuse to acknowledge me. Maybe I should buy some strip clubs? They won’t touch me because there is no ammunition in their box with which to attack me.

What started as an animal rights action became a payback on politicians and judges when I joined FHD. Given the current political climate, consider that FHD is the ONLY avenue available in the United States today that can directly transfer power back to the people where it belongs. The judges and politicians can no longer stop it. The Florida Chamber and all the Ryan Houck motor mouths parroting talking points can’t stop it either.

So now I ask you, why won’t the newspaper’s talk to me? Why won’t the opposition attack me? Well, I did file a few other lawsuits against politicians for killing animals which they really seem to enjoy. Go search Miami International Airport jackrabbit rescue, 2003. The lawsuit I filed against Miami Dade County where I was born is still open.

Florida Hometown Democracy has morphed in my mind into more than its face value of public control of comp plan changes. It can be the focal point of a new wave of efforts that show the public how they too can take back their power!!

Go Amendment 4 in 2010!!!!

Steve Rosen

Dr. Rosen's Story, Part III
Dr. Rosen's Story Part II

3 comments:

kkss21 said...

DR Rosen is right. The judges,politicians, and the developers who LINE THE POCKETS of the politicians and judges in Florida don't even acknowledge the citizens of Florida. They spit on us daily,in every land deal in this state.Look at how Paul Kintz and John Lang, two property flippers, were more important to Wes Blackman and his joke of a planning and zoning board ,which was made up ENTIRELY of developers and people who made their living off of development(Ask about the incredible deals that these growth whores got for themselves and their friends ). Look at how Commissioners Retha Lowe,David Vespo, Nadine Burns (Who lied to the green party to get their votes),and Mac Mckinnon voted three to two ,against their own citizens wishes to keep their neighborhood zoning single family. That is taxation WITHOUT REPRESENTATION. If not for Lesley Blackner ,who represented our neighborhood FOR FREE ,FOR FOUR YEARS,( Yes, the same PALM BEACH LAWYER that developer mouthpieces like RYAN HOUK say is only promoting Amendment 4 to make money for herself ) our neighborhood would have been destroyed.Why did I have to go through four years of HELL because of three greedy land flippers? How stupid of me to think that my elected officials would represent ME and MY FAMILY,instead of being the growth junkie cheerleaders that they were. Retha Lowe,Mac Mckinnon, David Vespo, Wes Blackman,Laura Hannah. Larry Karns and Rachel Bach saw dollar signs ,not a neighborhood of families. AND THIS IS JUST ONE tiny sample of what is happening over and over again ,throughout the state of Florida.Want to screw the people who have had been destroying our state and our lives without a backwards glance? VOTE YES ON AMENDMENT 4, and tell these crooks to go to hell.Katie Mcgiveron

Unknown said...

Dr Rosen is clearly a caring person and a clear thinker -- seeing the connection between the destruction of the habitat of living creatures (including us), and Amendment 4. A4 is about restoring democracy and good government and, as he says, the ONLY way to save our environment as well. Bravo! I know it was his efforts, along with Ms Blackner's, that got the A4 movement rolling and put us over the top and onto the ballot. A big thanks to Dr. Rosen for giving Florida this amazing opportunity. If we lose it, then all is lost, I fear.
I hope Dr. Rosen can also be out there with us to get out the vote; I'm afraid that the opposition will blast us out of the water with their lies over the media next September! My own straw poll tells me that most people still haven't a clue that Amendment 4 -- and their own salvation -- even EXISTS, and they'll hear nothing but developers' lies just before the election. This is what happened in CA and AZ when environmentalists tried to pass similar measures. . . We've got to start getting our message OUT THERE! How to do this? Maybe Dr. Rosen can write a Part V with his ideas on getting the 60% vote we need.

Unknown said...

Hurrah for Dr Rosen! Amendment 4 is an absolutely brilliant way to give us back our State, our government, and the things we love about Florida. This is a unique and sensitive peninsula, and we must stop those who are wrecking it and making it unliveable for all its creatures, us included.