Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Judge Timothy P. McCarthy

Comment Up

Some important trivia to consider:

2013 Palm Beach County Bar Association Judicial Evaluation Results .  Judge McCarthy was the judge assigned to the motion to dismiss Laurel Decker vs. the City of Lake Worth case on the heights amendment that was won at the polls.

JUDGE or HEARING OFFICER
Number of Responses:  142

TIMOTHY P. MCCARTHY 142 47 54 32 --39 48 48-- 31 64 40 --21 35 78-- 45 69 20-- 39 67 26-- 51 61 18-- 53 41 38-- 53 53 23

Knowledge and Application of the law
Excellent:  47
Satisfactory:  54
Needs Improvement:  32

Impartiality (Freedom from bias & prejudice)
Excellent: 39
Satisfactory: 48
Needs Improvement: 48

Dilignece & Preparedness
Excellent: 31
Satisfactory: 64
Needs Improvement: 40

Judicial Demeanor & Courtesy to lawyers
Excellent: 21
Satisfactory: 35
Needs Improvement: 78

Control of courtroom
Excellent: 45
Satisfactory: 69
Needs Improvement: 20

Case Management (efficiency in handling caseload)
Excellent: 39
Satisfactory: 67
Needs Improvement: 26

Punctuality & timeliness in rendering rulings & decisions
Excellent: 51
Satisfactory: 61
Needs Improvement: 18

Common sense (Use of practical considerations in decision making)
Excellent: 53
Satisfactory: 41
Needs Improvement: 38

Enforcement of standards of professionalism
Excellent: 53
Satisfactory: 53
Needs Improvement: 23 

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Judge jdid not rule in this case. Laurel Decker voluntarily with drew the case. What does the Judge have to do with it?

Lynn Anderson said...

use your imagination

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for this campaign post card : Hi, I'm (Pam,Scott,Andy, John) and I don't think that your vote should count! In fact, I cost you stupid Lake Worth Tax payers over 25,000 for a special election, and then I spit on the results !

Anonymous said...

You spent a lot of time on "Some important trivia to consider:" about Judge T.P.McCarthy. Can you take some time and ask Ms. Decker why her suit was dropped.
You have commented to others that they should ask her why the suit was dropped. I don't know her but you do. The reason I read your blog is to learn about City happenings that I can't learn anywhere else.

Lynn Anderson said...

Ms. Decker will issue a statement on or after April 15.

Anonymous said...

I am a lawyer, I practice in Palm Beach Co., I've appeared many times in front of Judge McCarthy. While he is not my favorite judge, I can't imagine voluntarily dismissing a case simply b/c I don't like the judge I drew.

Lynn Anderson said...

Maybe you're NOT an attorney.

Anonymous said...

I am a lawyer, I practice in Palm Beach Co., I've appeared many times in front of Judge McCarthy. While he is not my favorite judge, I can't imagine voluntarily dismissing a case simply b/c I don't like the judge I drew.

What a load, Wes!

Anonymous said...

When your side wins - it is fair and just.
When your side loses - it is corruption and bias.

Lynn Anderson said...

Look who's calling the kettle black! LOL.

Corruption and bias has been prevalent for 29 months now. Actually we won the election, just haven't won the game. And the present commissioners, with the exception of McVoy, did not win their election this time--they slid into office unopposed because people are fed up with what's going on here. What's offensive is the big party you all had to give to yourselves for "winning." Nauseating as commission travel. Not sure which is more offensive.

Anonymous said...

When an incumbent is unopposed its because they are doing a good job or the opposition can't field a candidate or platform that is better.

Lynn Anderson said...

Silly. What platform? Running a train at 200mph right through the city?

Anonymous said...

So now it is time to attack the judge because the plantiff voluntarily dismissed the case. And sour grapes about the incumbents winning unopposed! If you don't like the current commission, then do something about it besides whine. Where were all the great candidates that Katie McGiveron said were going to beat Pam, Andy, and Scott? Why is it going to take two weeks for Ms. Decker to comment? And don't say you aren't involved as everyone saw you speak multiple times as a member of the Respectful Planning group.

Lynn Anderson said...

You know, I have NO idea why you guys are so misinformed or just plain make stuff up.

I was never a member of RPPac. I was, however, its top petitioner gatherer to get it on the ballot.

You want to know about the whys of it, ask laurel Decker. I would imagine that her being a CPA and that she is very busy right about now might have something to do with it. Also, that's the deadline that Judge McCarthy gave them. Maybe she will make an announcement later.

P.S. No one has attacked the Judge. I am sure he is a delightful fella who lives mentally in the last century with his Princess phone. :) That's a joke, Judge!