Sunday, May 31, 2015

Satan is a cool dude, says Chaz Stevens

Comment Up


Chaz Stevens wrote a letter to the city commission of Deerfield Beach:
Dear City of Deerfield Beach;

With the recent US Supreme Court ruling allowing “prayer before Commission meetings” and seeking the rights granted to others, I hereby am requesting I be allowed to open a Commission meeting praying for my God, my divine spirit, my Dude in Charge.

Be advised, I am a Satanist.

Let me know when this is good for you.
Stevens has vowed to fight them in court if they did not end prayer. Now the City of Deerfield Beach is ending invocations before the commission meetings. What is the world coming to? Ruled by minorities, it is getting asinine.

Read about it...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scott said once that it would be over his dead body if the commission eliminated the invocation. i wonder if he's changed his mind?

Anonymous said...

That is the only reason a satanist would force this upon a traditional christian invocation!

Anonymous said...

Let him have his invocation. All beliefs mean all beliefs. Being a Christian, I feel sorry for this guy.

Anonymous said...

Religion and prayer shouldn't be forced on people who simply want to attend a commission meeting or need something from the City. I'm all for Chaz, if people don't like muslim invocation, or jewish invocations or satanist invocations, well that goes to show you that its all about forcing religion on others and that shouldn't be permitted.

If you want to pray go to church and leave the rest of us alone.

CHAZ STEVENS said...

Matthew 6:6

But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.