Sunday, July 8, 2012

Elaine Humphreys' resignation letter

Comment Up
July 6, 2012

The City Commission of Lake Worth
7 North Dixie Hwy.
Lake Worth, Florida 33460


Dear Mayor, Vice Mayor and Commissioners:

I am writing to notify you that I am resigning from my position as City Attorney with my last day of employment being August 3, 2012.

It has been an honor and a privilege to serve you and my community as City Attorney, and I appreciate the opportunities I have been given during my eight years with the City. I am extremely proud of what the City has been able to accomplish during the past several years, and I am confident that the City will continue to move towards a positive future

For me, it is now time to explore new challenges and opportunities, which will definitely include being home on Tuesday nights

I wish all of you and the City all the best for the future.

Sincerely yours,

Elaine A. Humophreys
City Attorney

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you look under the rock, Maxwell is behind this one too.

Anonymous said...

Needless to say, Pirate King Maxwell is behind everything that happens these days. However, this is one staff resignation that was seen coming & is being applauded on both sides, I think.

Downside: her replacement will be picked by the 3-to-2 majority commission. I shudder to think who they will consider “the best” candidate, or who the CM will “recommend.” (And how long it will take our master-negotiator to sign a contract? Longer than the Internal Auditor?) Meanwhile, in the short term, will CM outsource more attorneys-for-hire (& at what cost), & how will the Asst City Atty handle the huge case load all alone? Either way, LW is bound to suffer for it.

Anonymous said...

Commissioner Amoroso was the one who asked for the review of the City Attorney's contract. The review by the Commission hasn't happened yet. Either Ms. Humphreys didn't feel confident about her position or she has a better job offer...or both. She is a pleasant individual, but not the most forceful lawyer.

The amount of money the City pays for outside legal services is astonding. We might be better off to outsource most legal services and just have an attorney for the Commissin.