Wednesday, September 24, 2014

The Nonagenarian

Comment Up

In her "golden years," Lee Antieau is just plain golden. And last night she was given a proclamation read by Commissioner McVoy honoring her 96 years as well as her long term residency in our city.  See the video


Those in the chamber signed her card and she was presented with a dozen long-stem red roses. When asked about it, she said that she was totally surprised and kept asking her husband Gary why he was "dragging" her to the meeting. Her family and many friends were there to pay tribute.

The mayor giving her a hug

5 comments:

Weetha Peebull said...

Best Neighbor On Earth!

Anonymous said...

A nice celebration for a long-time Lake Worth resident. It is a shame that not everyone in the chamber was asked to sign the card.

Lynn Anderson said...

THE CARD WAS PASSED AROUND. EVERYONE HAD AN OPPORTUNITY IF THEY WISHED TO SIGN IT.

Anonymous said...

You don't need to YELL. I've known Lee for over 20 years and was in the chamber about 10 minutes before the meeting started. No one passed the card to me or asked me to sign one.

Lynn Anderson said...

@10:40--
My caps key was on--sorry about that.
I was not in charge of the card...one of her close friends was. If you got missed, I am sorry. I wish you had spoken up.