Monday, November 17, 2008

Politics is a gladiator sport

In the beginning of this election, directly after John Jordan registered as a Candidate District 2, Cara Jennings campaign strategist, Larry Winawer, contacted one of our LW citizens who was backing John Jordan.

The first call to this citizen was trying to get his opinion about whether Cara Jennings had done a good job for the City during her first term. He was not given a great report and mentioned that the only time he had heard from Cara in the 2 years and 9 months that she has been in office was when she called him to gather support for her campaign…she never returned phone calls or responded to e-mails.

Mr. Winawer called him again asking about John Jordan and whether he was a legitimate candidate or just merely there to pull-off a run-off in District 2. He suggested that he convince Mr. Jordan to get out of the race if he was not a serious candidate. He was told that he WAS a serious candidate.

This morning I got a call from someone in the Mulvehill campaign telling me about a brunch at Lake Worth Towers. I drove over there and the first person I encounter is Mr. Winawer, a New Yorker now living in West Palm Beach or somewhere. He turned on me like a New York minute and threw up to me that I had contributed to the Mary Lindsey campaign. I informed him that I had contributed to all 3 candidates, that I lived in this city, did he? He then told me to take 180^ turn out of the restaurant. I said that was exactly what I was going to do and FU** you.

Isn’t politics fun?