Sunday, August 28, 2022

Dan Franzese Wins Republican District 22

Franzese will face Frankel in 22nd District race for Congress, after 130-vote win in recount

"That's the final margin by which Dan Franzese beat out Deborah Adeimy in the Republican primary race for the 22nd Congressional District seat, which covers a majority of southern Palm Beach County.

A machine recount of the votes began at 1 p.m. Friday and concluded just before 2 a.m. Saturday. Original vote tallies showed just 132 votes separated the candidates.

Franzese earned 11,972 votes, or 34.6% of the vote, while Adeimy won 11,842, or 34.2% of the vote.

Franzese will now take on incumbent U.S. Rep. Lois Frankel, D-West Palm Beach, on Nov. 8 — a seat Republicans want to try to flip.

“This has been a long, hard-fought campaign," Franzese wrote in a statement sent to The Palm Beach Post. "I want to thank the people of District 22 for believing in me. I have listened to them and they have been heard at the ballot box."

Adeimy posted to her campaign Facebook page Saturday morning acknowledging the results:
"Lois Frankel is relieved she is not running against me, who would have finally ended her term," she wrote. "Happy I met more amazing people here, where my family has been for a century. I am devastated I sacrificed so much for my hometown and America."
[MSM.com]

In this County where the majority of voters are Democrats (they vote Democrat even when the country is going down the tubes), Lois Frankel has the big edge. The Republican Natonal Committee needs to get involved with the resources for Franzese to even have a chance.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I were to guess, I would say that Wall Street money is backing him, so he must have made a lot of promises.

Anonymous said...

Hey Adeimy,you couldn't even win your own primary. I doubt that you could have beaten Frankel.

Lynn Anderson said...

@1213...guessing again and starting a rumor again...Democrats usually do that.

Anonymous said...

Well, I voted for him. If I had read about him before I voted for him, I wouldn't have voted for him!

That's not a rumor, that's a fact.

A rumor would be, that the real estate market is about to crash, and he wanted to get out while he was in one piece.

Lynn Anderson said...

Dan says, "We must fight inflation by ramping up domestic energy production, ending government deficit spending, allowing interest rates to rise to natural levels, and we must never again pay workers to stay at home."
Sounds like my kind of guy.

Anonymous said...

I think I heard Bill O'Reilly say that on Friday.

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should appoint Dan to the President's Council of Economic Advisors.

Anonymous said...

I don't understand the comment Adeimy made about "sacrificing so much". Such hubris, for a young person. I guess we can be glad she didn't win.