Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Oil on the beach

Comment Up
Helen Marino, still smiling
Paper towels used to wipe off oil

Helen Marino strolled the beach last evening. She reported that there were globs of oil north of the Lake Worth beach and the sand was streaked with it. She thought that she was careful but when she returned home, she immediately took off her sandals at the door and did not check her feet. Too bad because one foot had a glob of oil on it and she tracked it all over her carpet.

Helen's reaction--I needed an excuse to replace this old carpeting; it took an oil spill to do it.

3 comments:

Joseph said...

I go to the LW beach every morning for a swim and this happened to me yesterday, Monday, too. I must have stepped in the tar/oil when swimming and had spots of it on both my feet, it was strange and unexpected. I had to use degreaser to get rid of it, it created a real mess. I went today and didn't see any of the tar like oil or step in it,thank goodness. It is amazing how it has finally traveled to reach our beaches now. I hope it doesn't harm any of our sea life.

kkss21 said...

The tar didn't seem to bother a 12 foot bull shark that took a chunk out of a swimmers calf yesterday at Phil Foster park!!Maybe the shark had tar in his eyes and thought that the guy was a fish!Holy Mackerel!

Anonymous said...

WD-40 will get it out.