Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Owner of 2212 Collier says "thanks"

Dear God,

How do I thank so many people for giving so much of their time, effort, caring about me, a stranger they've never met, when I'm so in need of help? Joanna, Robert, Tony, Steve, the Presbyterian Church Minister and members, and countless others helping and unquestioning about the women who lives at 2212 Collier Ave.

To thank Mayor Varela and Commissioner Maxwell for taking time on their weekend. I'm sorry I didn't meet anyone and get to thank you in person. Robert knows how sick I was and even warned me that I was in for more discomfort with the virus and the 102.2 fever I've had. It was something I wouldn't wish on the kind hearted people doing so much for me. My entire family had it.

I want you to know something about me. I was trauma hawked December 4th 2003 from an accident in front of the church at 6th and Sunset. An accident I don't remember, thank God. I have multiple physical injuries from the accident that totaled my van.

Thank you is not sufficient for the feelings I had Palm Sunday Morning when I saw my house of almost 20 years and the tears in my eyes and goosebumps. I was overwhelmed. Seeing this huge pile to be removed and the appearance of my home. I spoke to Robert on the phone and he said "we'll be back to finish". God Bless you, everyone. I am so grateful. Others have walked away from the over growth and the breathtaking mess. With deep appreciation and prayers,

Janet

Note: Giving is so rewarding but when someone takes the time to say "thank you," sometimes an unused and forgotten word today, then the reward is tenfold. This is a great neighborhood with truly the best people!

No comments: