Thursday, February 11, 2010

AT&T - Customer Service? Call India

It was like spinning on the AT&T logo ball-

Around 8:30 am, I called AT&T in order to find out why they have not billed me since November. I have a direct billing at Visa. I wanted to do the right thing and was worried that they were not getting paid. I have been holding and have been transferred from one department to another for 2 hours and am persevering just to see if I EVER GET SERVICE, which is AT&T’s claim to fame—service. They are even going to send me out an on-line Survey--can't wait!

Ooops, a rep just called. Sounds like India. He is the ONLY one who had an answer for me after being shuffled around to 8 phone numbers. Actually, the first number that I dialed was the correct one in the end. This has to be the WORST customer service experience ever! ATT is discontinuing its Worldnet Service and everything will be just simply AT&T.

The guy from India had the answer though. Maybe we should outsource everything afterall. In this country you belong to Unions and you don’t have to have answers; you don’t have to know your job; it is the big shuffle game all day long…no one can get fired…let the next guy handle it, who has no clue and the customer is still there scratching his head wondering how AT&T makes any money particularly when those union employees who are not satisfied with just a piece of the pie want it all.

No comments: