Pennsylvania Democrat Deluzio says he 'might' primary Fetterman in 2028 as party turns on the senator
A second-term Pennsylvania congressman is openly floating a primary challenge to Sen. John Fetterman, the latest sign that Democrats have all but given up on the first-term senator who keeps breaking with his party.Rep. Chris Deluzio went on NewsNation's "The Hill Sunday" program and told host Chris Stirewalt that he has not ruled out running against Fetterman in the 2028 Democratic primary. The admission followed a social media post days earlier in which Deluzio accused Fetterman of failing the people who sent him to Washington.
The Hill reported that Deluzio, when asked directly about a challenge, did not shut the door:
"I might, I haven't decided that. And to be really blunt, I'm doing everything I can right now to help Democrats in Pennsylvania flip congressional seats to give Josh Shapiro a governing majority in the state Senate and grow the majority in the state House."That answer, "I might", is as close to a declaration of intent as a sitting congressman can offer without filing paperwork. Deluzio framed his immediate focus as the midterms, but left 2028 wide open.
Democrats can't wait to get rid of a sensible guy.
Read more...

1 comment:
Sounds like Fetterman is is the only sane Democratic senator out there I guess that's why the Dems don't like him he sides with President Trump so much but he seems very sane logical common sense the Democrats don't like any of that!
Post a Comment