Friday, March 22, 2024

Biden packing the courts

Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., said he will not support President Joe Biden's judicial picks who don't have any Republican support.

Manchin, who's not seeking reelection this fall and will retire from the Senate, spoke to Politico after voting against several judicial picks this week.

"Just one Republican. That's all I'm asking for. Give me something bipartisan. This is my own little filibuster," Manchin said. "If they can't get one Republican, I vote for none. I've told [Democrats] that. I said, 'I'm sick and tired of it, I can't take it anymore.'"

Manchin expressed a similar sentiment to CNN when asked about Adeel Mangi, Biden's nominee for the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals, who would be the first Muslim-American on a federal appeals court.

Mangi sat on the board of an organization (Center for Security, Race, and Rights at Rutgers) that "produced several extremist programs, featured speakers with ties to known terrorist organizations, and sponsored lectures brazenly touting antisemitic themes," National Review said.

Read about it...

No comments: