Today we find out that the beach redevelopment has been delayed because the contractors involved in the project want $3 million dollars more than the $5 million bond money from Palm Beach County. This is BULL. Don't you just love finding out what's going on in our city by reading the the Palm Beach Post? Why has this never been mentioned at a commission meeting? Perhaps it has and I just didn't stay that late.
Also what this is--a perfect time to rethink the lousy configuration of the upper level at our beach that was pushed by Rene Varela and Cara Jennings because they like all things "green" and they both fell in love with Michael Singer instead of what the people really want--convenient parking to be retained. The new upper level design has cars driving into parking lots as the main ingress and egress. We won't be able to see the ocean at all. Can you even imagine all the accidents waiting to happen? Lousy design to ruin our beach.
The City says that perhaps they can re-figure the lower level parking area and keep the plans for the upper dune intact. NO. Bad idea.
1) Get rid of these contractors, Kimley-Horn, Michael (Life is Beautiful) Singer and John Szerdi of Living Designs.
2. Hire REG to continue on with the beach redevelopment.
3. Don't worry about Jungle Jims for Suzie. This is a damn beach.
4. Re-do the walkways, plant some trees, resurface the parking area across from Bennys'.
5. Resurface the lower parking areas.
6. Keep our decal parking as we have always had it.
7. Forget about wind-mills and the rest of the bull.
Contractors give me one swift pain but more than that, it is decisions made by commissioners who listen to the voices in their minds rather than to the people and what makes sense. Kick them all to the curb.