Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Tony Bennett runs against Valeche in District 1




Hello Mr. Bennett:
I am curious as to what you think about John Prince Park and the present commission’s vote to give 100 plus acres to the Atlanta Braves and getting taxpayers in debt for over $110 million for a billionaire corporation.


I think billionaires should pay for their own stadiums.

Me: Is John Prince Park a proper location? Should any of the penny sales tax go towards the Atlanta Braves?

As for whether the location is "proper," I believe that is relative. For supporters of the project it works and for those against it likely doesn't matter where it is built. For me, I see it as more loss of green space for little economic benefit to the county. As for the sales tax money, I don't think the Braves should be benefiting. Our arts and culture institutions are far more important economically than 4 weeks of spring training every year. Yet, arts and culture were cut out of the sales tax.

Me: Thanks for your reply.

Chat Conversation End


All of you in District 1, please consider Tony Bennett for County Commissioner.

No comments: