Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Memories of Peter Timm

Comment Up

I was going to write a tribute to our wonderful Peter Timm who recently passed.  However, this one was written so beautifully that I wanted to share it.

I am so sorry to hear that this marvelous gentleman has passed. He was almost Dickensonian in character, and larger than life. The first time I met him I was just getting over chemo, and he held the door for me going into city hall. I was very touched, (it's not easy being bald).

I loved his feistiness and persistence in speaking his mind to the power cartel in city hall. Makes me feel like crying. He will be sorely missed. We need more like him.

Will never forget him  showing up wearing a copy of Margaret Menge's newspaper concerning the attempted takeover of our beach by Hudson Holdings.

He is one of the everyday heroes I would like to emulate as I age. Lake Worth has lost a strong and important voice and citizen.

Is there anyone, family we can write to??

Very sadly,
Mary W.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love you Mr.Timm! Now you're busy raising heck in the heavenly halls! Mr. Timm set a great example for all of us !

Weetha Peebull said...

OMG I can hardly believe he is gone!
Yea, I'd like to think he's busy raising
heck in the heavenly halls! I think I hear
the liberty ringing too! Well Done Mr. Timm!

Anonymous said...

May he rest in peace. I wonderful soul who cared. I applauded him for always having the gumption to speak out on every issue and let the commission know how he felt. I perfect citizen who cared about his city he lived in and wanting the best for it. It is too bad the commissioner never showed much respect for him. He will be missed. Thank you Peter for all you did for our city. We will miss you!

Anonymous said...

Peter Timm cared about his city, and knew that citizens must keep their government in check. He did his own research, and let the City Commissioners know when they were going in the wrong direction. But no, they did not listen to him. Our city manager, I am sorry to remember, even mocked him from the dais during a meeting, in what I believe was a real low point for our city. Mr. Timm represented the best kind of citizen -- the kind who sticks his neck out for what is right, with no hope of any reward. I was immensely flattered to see him with my paper, the Tribune, pinned to his shirt at a meeting in the spring of 2015, and will never forget it. Thank you, Mr. Timm -- Margaret Menge

Anonymous said...

What will we do without Peter Timm's astute mind to do his thorough research and to see through the most covert manipulations of truth? His scathing sense of humor and big smile will be missed just as much as his knowledge. He was a brilliant man, a loner who gave to his community in his unique way that may never be replaced. He also liked going on cruises - once he even went on a six month cruise. Peter Timm, I hope you are having a good time wherever you are and that your afterlife is like a big long cruise. You deserve it.

Anonymous said...

Y'know I feel just a little better reading these very real comments. I was at the library yesterday and looked up the Post obits. Just one line marked the end of this very large character in the paper. Just that he had died and his age. He was so much more. I feel an empty place has been left in our community. He was big, he was kind, he was crusty, and he had a way with words and that big open smile. He was unforgettable. And yeah, I can see him keeping St. Peter in line...