Sunday, August 9, 2015

Double Religious Standard in America?

Comment Up

Christianity is taking a beating all over the world.  Christians are being beheaded and annihilated and now in our own country gays are taking action against Christians even though Christians represent 83% of the population in the U.S.  Gays on the other hand represent about 3.8%.

"Homosexuals who are behind a lawsuit against a Christian county employee in Kentucky for declining to issue marriage licenses for same-sex duos are trying to lash out with “irreversible and substantial harm” to her, according to a court filing in one of the first cases to develop since the U.S. Supreme Court created in its Obergefell decision a direct conflict between the new homosexual “marriage” right and the Constitution’s protection of freedom of religion." Read more... at WND.

What is strange about denying this Christian woman her Constitutional right of Freedom of Religion is the case that happened back in June when the U.S. Supreme Court  ruled in favor of a Muslim woman who was told by Abercrombie & Fitch that she couldn't wear her head scarf that she said she wore for religious reasons. This was decided on an 8/1 decision for the Muslim. Abercrombie's dress code didn't matter. It was all about freedom of religion.

Do Christians and Muslims live to a different religious standard in America? Gays don't get excited about Muslims, only Christians. Or is it as simple as the LGBT community being more and more anti-Christian because of their drive to be equal in the eyes of the church and force the church to accept gay marriage. The church is a body they feel they can attack as it preaches "turn the other cheek" and "love all people as yourself."  Muslims have a low tolerance for all infidels gay or straight.


We have seen it in our own city when a few Gays went after The Common Ground Church for defending itself against a code issue and they turned it into some sort of Gay issue. The Common Ground Church welcomes, with open arms, the GLBT community and preaches love, not hate. But that didn't matter when a few people including a commissioner decided to bring down a church and do a hatchet job on its pastor. There is no common ground here. Lake Worth's bully blogger is doing it to this day and the church still prays for him. 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lynn, I'd actually like to challenge you to attend a real Christian denomination church that welcomes and affirms gay people.

Post your acceptance here and I will contact you so we can make that happen.

If you go with me one Sunday morning either at 9 or 11, then I will go with you to yours.

BTW, your statistics are off... LGBT community is much larger than 3.8%... Closer to 10%.

And to the woman in Kentucky, she indeed has a Constitutional Right to free speech, she however, enjoys a government job and is tasked with upholding the law and mandates of Federal Courts, and because she was unwilling to comply in issuing marriage licenses to same sex couple she elected to fail at the obligations to follow the law in her government job... She elected to basically neglect her official duties, walk off the job and fired herself!

Here's to free speech! You just can't insert your personal position into the executions of your government job - not when your job is to serve ALL the citizens.

Lynn Anderson said...

Well, anonymous, I don't take up challenges with anonymous people.
The Common Ground Church DOES welcome gays. What makes you believe that they don't?
The government shouldn't be asserting its will on private businesses as to whom they can or can not serve or for whom they can bake a cake. It goes both ways. I agree with you on the government worker as gay marriage is now the law of the land.

Anonymous said...

As a gay, I can get married by a judge. I don't need to go to a church when gay marriage is against the teachings of Christianity. Also, a store should be able to serve anyone it wants or deny service to anyone. No shoes, no shirt, no service. Let's get less government intrusion in our lives. Big government is our big problem today.

Anonymous said...

Being gay and Catholic, while so many think it is such a challenge, I do not see it that way, religion is a very personal thing, I love my faith and make the best of my life the way the good Lord made me. It is all about faith, God loves all of us no matter what, I never felt when I became comfortable with my sexuality that I had to leave my church to join one that would accept me. I do not put priest or the people of the church on a pedestal, only God, thankfully I have had a very blessed life and love God everyday and very thankful for my faith and the Spirit that lives within me. God put gays, prostitutes, addicts, homeless, so many types here on earth that we do not judge any of them, I do not need a church like Common Ground to accept me, mine is just fine and I know God still loves me and I can have a place in heaven too even if I am gay. I am sure it is a fine church, I have no opinion of it, I love Joel Osteen too and watch him weekly, yet go to a Catholic mass every week and love the church I was born and raised in. I love my faith.

Lynn Anderson said...

@12:33...that was so beautiful. Thanks for posting.

Anonymous said...

Religion is the worlds biggest problem,its all faith based and the catholic church uses faith to obtain people who need the church for hope---hope and faith are free we no longer need a church as the facts show they have been losing people at a fast pace for decades---people realize after the facts of the huge cover ups of child rape--money laundering--prostitution in vatican--cardinal dolan of ny commits federal bankruptcy fraud--bishop cover ups of child sexual abuse----the catholic church is dying but GOD never does---only the brainwashed catholics don't understand and they also are dying at a fast pace also---rest in peace

Anonymous said...

Whatever the faults of individual Catholics, including priests, the Catholic Church will always and forever stand as the truest, deepest expression of the Christian faith, founded by the disciple Peter, from whom descended all popes. Many forces are at work in this world making people think that this church is wicked or that church is bad. You really have to wonder why... Is it because a people who stand for nothing will fall for anything? That a nation of unbelievers can be easily led and easily controlled? YES. Thank God for the Catholic church, esp. in our lifetime for Pope John Paul II who battled communism, the greatest evil of the 20th century, responsible for the deaths of more than 100 million men, women and children.

Anonymous said...

your right catholic church has lots of evil--