Friday, May 8, 2015

Property Owner has problem with Code Enforcement

Comment Up

The following was a comment I received today and it was posted on an old blog regarding Code Enforcement in our city. Can anyone lead this person in the right direction?

Anonymous said...
I am new to this Blog an Lake Worth. In Aug 2014 I bought a 16 unit apartment building in Lake Worth and now I have a minor code violation that has escalated to thousands of dollars for the city wanting to enforce new, unachievable codes on a 40+year old property. These costs are excluding fines of $75/day. Is there someone that can help. Attorney, logical city official, etc.
I was so impressed with the character of Lake Worth but I'm starting to regret my decision.

5 comments:

Lynn Anderson said...

Whenever I have something that needs an answer, I always can rely on William Waters, Director of Community Sustainability
561.586.1647 or wwaters@lakeworth.org.

Anonymous said...

But.....DEVELOPERS!!!

OH THE SHAME!!!!

Anonymous said...

el, has anyone gone after our "star" development team whose properties, except for one or two on S Federal, are more blighted than ever??

Oh how LW loves going after newbies and low-hanging fruit.

Anonymous said...

I question the business acumen of someone with the capabilities to purchase a substantial investment such as a 16 unit property, then goes onto a social blog to ask for direction.

People in that position should know how to navigate municipal governments as one of the many complex entities they must work with to be successful. Otherwise, they are simply unprepared and will not be successful in their endeavor. This is likely the catalyst to their current predicament.

Best of luck to him/her.

Lynn Anderson said...

Most people expect answers from our staff and all need direction on how to get certain things accomplished. When you have a city govt that NEVER answers e-mails or phone calls, then that entire attitude trickles down to some staff--not all, mind you as I work with some people who are on top of everything in their jobs.
We all know that code has come down on certain property owners who are evaluated and considered to have the bucks to pay the fines rather than work with them or help them out. At least that is the horror story I have heard.