Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Lake Worth to change Loyalty Oath

Comment Up

PRESENT OATH

Sec. 2-23. - Oaths required of elected officers.
At the time any person shall serve any elective office of the city he or she shall first take and subscribe the following oath:
LOYALTY OATH
For Elective Office
STATE OF FLORIDA       )
COUNTY OF PALM BEACH ) SS
CITY OF LAKE WORTH    )
I, ____________, a citizen of the City of Lake Worth, the State of Florida and of the United States of America, and being an officer of the City of Lake Worth and a recipient of public funds as such officer, do hereby solemnly swear or affirm that I will support the Constitution of the United States and of the State of Florida and the Charter of the City of Lake Worth, and that I am entitled to hold office under the Constitution and Charter of the City of Lake Worth, and that I will faithfully perform all the duties of the office of ____________ ____________, on which I am about to enter.
     ____________
     (Signature of Elected Officer)
Sworn and subscribed
before me this ____________ day
of ____________, ____________
____________
City Clerk 



NEW OATH--

OATH OF CANDIDATE
(Section 99.021, Florida Statutes)
I,
(PLEASE PRINT NAME AS YOU WISH IT TO APPEAR ON THE BALLOT * -- NAME MAY NOT BE CHANGED AFTER THE END OF QUALIFYING)
am a candidate for the nonpartisan office of , ,
(office) (district #) , ; I am a qualified elector of County, Florida;
(circuit #) (group or seat #)
I am qualified under the Constitution and the Laws of Florida to hold the office to which I desire to be nominated or elected; I have qualified for no other public office in the state, the term of which office or any part thereof runs
concurrent with the office I seek; and I have resigned from any office from which I am required to resign pursuant to Section 99.012, Florida Statutes; and I will support the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the State of Florida.
X ( )
Signature of Candidate Telephone Number Email Address
Address City State ZIP Code
Candidate’s Florida Voter Registration Number (located on y

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

loyalty to who?

Anonymous said...

Right, it seems our elected are only loyal to big business and developers here, they could give a darn about what their constituents want, they do not care nor listen to the people anymore. Vote them all out!

Anonymous said...

Why change this ?